Doom III news.

Here's a great article from Gamespy about IDsoft next great creation.
Lots of new information and screen shots from the EEE.
http://archive.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/index.shtml

The new promo video has clips from old and new Doom, and comments from
the ID crew. John Carmack looks quite human for a god. The video is
7:17 and 78 megs zipped. I had to wait in line for over 2 hours to
start downloading from fileplanet. It's on the server, so you don't
have to wait at all.

ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip

Best,
Tom
(Kazoo)
tom at clocktech dot com

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Here's a great article from Gamespy about IDsoft next great creation.
> Lots of new information and screen shots from the EEE.
> http://archive.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/index.shtml
>
> The new promo video has clips from old and new Doom, and comments from
> the ID crew. John Carmack looks quite human for a god. The video is
> 7:17 and 78 megs zipped. I had to wait in line for over 2 hours to
> start downloading from fileplanet. It's on the server, so you don't
> have to wait at all.
>
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip
>
> Best,
> Tom
> (Kazoo)
> tom at clocktech dot com

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the download. FYI: It's a couple of years old. I just
hope my system is able to play it!

G.

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Here's a great article from Gamespy about IDsoft next great creation.
> Lots of new information and screen shots from the EEE.
> http://archive.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/index.shtml

Not sure what's new here since this particular article is two years old.

> The new promo video has clips from old and new Doom, and comments from
> the ID crew. John Carmack looks quite human for a god. The video is
> 7:17 and 78 megs zipped. I had to wait in line for over 2 hours to
> start downloading from fileplanet. It's on the server, so you don't
> have to wait at all.
>
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip

Yes, that video is two years old also.

A few slightly newer screenshots and trailer are available at
http://www.doom3.com/

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:16:21 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
>> Here's a great article from Gamespy about IDsoft next great creation.
>> Lots of new information and screen shots from the EEE.
>> http://archive.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/index.shtml
>>
>> The new promo video has clips from old and new Doom, and comments from
>> the ID crew. John Carmack looks quite human for a god. The video is
>> 7:17 and 78 megs zipped. I had to wait in line for over 2 hours to
>> start downloading from fileplanet. It's on the server, so you don't
>> have to wait at all.
>>
>> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip
>>
>> Best,
>> Tom
>> (Kazoo)
>> tom at clocktech dot com
>
>Hi Tom,
> Thanks for the download. FYI: It's a couple of years old. I just
>hope my system is able to play it!
>
>G.

Ok. Cool. That means that I'm only a couple of years behind now. I
couldn't play quake until it was ancient history for most people. I'll
be a cutting edge kind of guy in 2030 at this rate ;-) This sort of
explains why John Carmack looks like he's in high school.

Best,
Tom

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:16:21 -0400, "George M. Reagan"
> <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> >> Here's a great article from Gamespy about IDsoft next great creation.
> >> Lots of new information and screen shots from the EEE.
> >> http://archive.gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/index.shtml
> >>
> >> The new promo video has clips from old and new Doom, and comments from
> >> the ID crew. John Carmack looks quite human for a god. The video is
> >> 7:17 and 78 megs zipped. I had to wait in line for over 2 hours to
> >> start downloading from fileplanet. It's on the server, so you don't
> >> have to wait at all.
> >>
> >> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Tom
> >> (Kazoo)
> >> tom at clocktech dot com
> >
> >Hi Tom,
> > Thanks for the download. FYI: It's a couple of years old. I just
> >hope my system is able to play it!
> >
> >G.
> >
> Ok. Cool. That means that I'm only a couple of years behind now. I
> couldn't play quake until it was ancient history for most people. I'll
> be a cutting edge kind of guy in 2030 at this rate ;-) This sort of
> explains why John Carmack looks like he's in high school.
>
> Best,
> Tom

He's 34 or so.

G.

Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Tom Chaudoir
<news@clocktech.com> wrote:

> Ok. Cool. That means that I'm only a couple of years behind now. I
> couldn't play quake until it was ancient history for most people. I'll
> be a cutting edge kind of guy in 2030 at this rate ;-) This sort of
> explains why John Carmack looks like he's in high school.

He always has; he could be 90 and he'll still look 25. And still be
coding great games :D

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/

"EvilBill" <devlin@SPAM-ME-NOT-o-JERK-weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:c9q3je$992$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> He always has; he could be 90 and he'll still look 25. And still be
> coding great games :D

Yea its that super geek thing. Im 90 myself and dont look a day over 32. . .
;-P