Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Share computer WI-FI connection with XBox 360 through Ethern

Last response: in Networking
July 5, 2007 8:41:33 AM

Hello, everybody. I wanted to know if it is possible to share an existing internet connection on the computer with an XBox 360 through the Ethernet port. I have an HP Media Center PC which is connected to internet through the Wi-Fi connection. I'd like to connect my XBox 360 to the available ethernet port on my Media Center PC and share the existing internet connection.
Any available help will be much appreciated.
July 10, 2007 12:42:22 AM

Ok what your looking for is an is internet connection sharing or ICS just run the network setup wizard and if you point everything right it should work.

If you have xbmc and want access to network share you should try using a network bridge by selecting your wireless and your ethernet right click and select bridge then you have to manually assign an IP to the xbox.

You can't hook the lan card straight into the xbox no matter which method you choose you will need a crossover cable, a switch, or a hub.
June 13, 2011 1:47:11 AM

arsenito said:
Hello, everybody. I wanted to know if it is possible to share an existing internet connection on the computer with an XBox 360 through the Ethernet port. I have an HP Media Center PC which is connected to internet through the Wi-Fi connection. I'd like to connect my XBox 360 to the available ethernet port on my Media Center PC and share the existing internet connection.
Any available help will be much appreciated.

Your xbox will set it up for you, all you have to do is go to media center on the xbox go trough the steps, i fought it for several days. Until I discovered it was so easy. Make sure your wifi has share internet access under properties. Then take an either net cable and cut it in half and go on the net and find the pin out for making a crossover cable. Once you have made the cross over cable one end goes to the xbox and the other your computer. You don't have to make a bridge. The Media center will work you through it and when it doesn't work for you XBOX will give an 8 digit code. Then a web page to go to where you will use the 8 digit code and then it will set it up for you.
June 13, 2011 1:38:54 PM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Related resources
!