Sign in with
Your question

Barcelona overclocks and Sandra scores all lies?

Last response: in CPUs
May 15, 2007 6:57:20 PM

http://dailytech.com/Barcelona+Benchmarks++Dont+Believe...

Silly sill Fudzilla. DailyTech does say we can expect real scores around Computex (June 5th to 9th)...

Quote:
Rest assured, real Barcelona benchmarks will arrive shortly. AMD typically releases two spins of silicon before retail samples, EVT followed by DVT. As of May 2007, several EVT samples are floating around, though it's difficult to predict the actual retail performance of K10 via these engineering samples. AMD still had serious bugs in its EVT samples before AM2 launched, and the only real change presented on that architecture was the DDR2 memory controller -- for Barcelona we're talking about a dramatically new design.

With Computex coming up in less than a month, it's fairly reasonable to expect a flood of authentic benchmarks to make waves just after or during the show. And yet even then, don't be so quick to believe the Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt until we start seeing DVT and Retail samples.
May 15, 2007 6:59:10 PM

yup
May 15, 2007 7:02:29 PM

haha thats too funny! :lol: 

Do these people enjoy being made to look like idiots?!
They are prolly playing games with scientia's brain too. Or maybe they pose as him, the super fanboi, so they can feed other idiots bs. Bit like an AMD religion? :lol: 
Related resources
May 15, 2007 7:38:55 PM

Even though my next system, barring a miracle, will probably be Intel-based, I'm pretty hardware agnostic (have gone back and forth between nVidia and ATI, as well as between AMD and Intel)... and would hope to see AMD at least be competitive, as when one or the other hasn't really been, the other tends to just park things, in terms of both performance and price... and that benefits none of us.

To both AMD and Intel: The first one to ship a capable native quad core CPU will get my purchasing dollars, whether that ends up being a Phenom FX or a Wolfdale-based Core 2 Quadro...
May 15, 2007 7:47:02 PM

Magic word "Native Quad Core" :lol: 
May 15, 2007 7:48:53 PM

Quote:
To both AMD and Intel: The first one to ship a capable native quad core CPU will get my purchasing dollars, whether that ends up being a Phenom FX or a Wolfdale-based Core 2 Quadro...

Why native? Tell me the difference between a glued quad and a "native", especially across different architectures.
May 15, 2007 7:52:05 PM

Quote:

Silly sill Fudzilla. DailyTech does say we can expect real scores around Computex (June 5th to 9th)...

Rest assured, real Barcelona benchmarks will arrive shortly. AMD typically releases two spins of silicon before retail samples, EVT followed by DVT. As of May 2007, several EVT samples are floating around, though it's difficult to predict the actual retail performance of K10 via these engineering samples. AMD still had serious bugs in its EVT samples before AM2 launched, and the only real change presented on that architecture was the DDR2 memory controller -- for Barcelona we're talking about a dramatically new design.

With Computex coming up in less than a month, it's fairly reasonable to expect a flood of authentic benchmarks to make waves just after or during the show. And yet even then, don't be so quick to believe the Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt until we start seeing DVT and Retail samples.

AMD released their own numbers for Sandra. 400,000 its (fp) 300,000its (int). It's said that 5335 scores 300,000(fp) and 180,000 (int).

I don't think we have to worry about the benchmarks. The sores will be amazing.
May 15, 2007 7:55:26 PM

Quote:
AMD released their own numbers for Sandra. 400,000 its (fp) 300,000its (int). It's said that 5335 scores 300,000(fp) and 180,000 (int).

I'm going to make this easy on you.
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...
lol
a c 115 à CPUs
May 15, 2007 8:01:40 PM

I think the biggest effect would be the two glued dies with individual caches having to communicate over the FSB (with the RAM, too) as opposed to the K10 quad cores sharing the L3 cache on the same die . . . .

Just a quick thought . . .
a c 115 à CPUs
May 15, 2007 8:16:16 PM

I think the biggest effect would be the two glued dies with individual caches having to communicate over the FSB (with the RAM, too) as opposed to the K10 quad cores sharing the L3 cache on the same die . . . .

a c 115 à CPUs
May 15, 2007 8:24:53 PM

May 15, 2007 8:38:01 PM

Ok Mr. Roboto. Given a choice between a fast glued quad and a slow native quad, which would you choose? No answer needed.
May 15, 2007 8:44:21 PM

Quote:

I'm going to make this easy on you.
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&ta...
lol

Thx. I didn't think it was there. I remember hearing that from AMD. Still, though AMD makes CPUs so I think this one will be better than Opteron Dual. A LOT BETTER.
May 15, 2007 8:53:40 PM

Quote:
Update 05/14/2007: As of noon today, Abazovic removed the article without an official statement. Abazovic declined to speak to DailyTech about the matter.

haha!
May 15, 2007 8:58:40 PM

Quote:
DailyTech does say we can expect real scores around Computex (June 5th to 9th)...

I find this to be slightly amusing while at the same time disappointing. Months and months of delays, multiple NDA's and little to go on besides a couple slides, some graphs, die shots and a list of changes.
May 15, 2007 10:58:48 PM

Quote:
The sores will be amazing.

Yes, but only for the Barcelona STD stepping. :wink:
May 16, 2007 12:14:41 AM

Quote:
When first K10 benchmarks arrive, just stay away from razor blades.
May 16, 2007 12:34:20 AM

Quote:
When first K10 benchmarks arrive, just stay away from razor blades.

My life doesn't revolve around benchmarks and I have no AMD stock so I will wonder why they put out ANY numbers, simulated or not. Again though, these are the engrs who made the Opteron. WHy wouldn't they be able to improve upon it? That's all they have to do. The first numbers Intel released last year compared C2D to PD not to X2. If AMD concentrates on tracing out what will speed up each core they will surpass C2Q easily.
May 16, 2007 12:35:23 AM

Quote:

I knew I should have fixed that typo. Oh well.
May 16, 2007 1:05:10 AM

Quote:

ooooooo...
i bet fuad is probably throwing stuff in his office now... :lol: 
May 16, 2007 1:07:33 AM

bah,im sad now...but happy as well. AMD stock is going up,and i bought lots when it was going down...but ima have to agree with BM on this matter. The opteron is an incredible feat of engineering...so 10h will be amazeing...but it wont rival the effect that the original Opteron had. When the Opteron was launched, it was like a fat kid in a locked cant store with no one to say no...them gummi bears didnt stand a chance...it had no compition...but 10h has an Intel product that performs like it should...fun times!
May 16, 2007 1:11:55 AM

excitement levels building... can hardly w8...
May 16, 2007 4:54:53 AM

Quote:

I knew I should have fixed that typo. Oh well.

Baron, don't worry. Follow my example. I've embraced my STDs. My venereal diseases have freed my intellect and my soul. I've come out of the syphillitic closet and intend to stay out. I wear my sores as badges of honour! :D 
May 16, 2007 10:33:38 AM

In the server space Barcelona will clean up with intel, particlarly for dual socket and up.

Already a quad socket dual core Opteron setup outperforms the Xeon dual socket quad core.

see http://www50.sap.com/benchmarkdata/sd2tier.asp

Now the current 4 core Xeon does not scale above two socket.

So even if barcelona has no performance advantage over opteron, the fact that it will scale to 4 sockets 16 cores eating into the itanium space
May 16, 2007 10:46:41 AM

Quote:
Nonetheless, Fuad is now blacklisted in my book....

Sh!t man, he was ever white listed?
May 16, 2007 10:50:20 AM

I find daily tech a lil loose with the truth as well. The cards that werent even sent to them, the 2900s, werent meant for benching, and the xtx 1 gig was more for fire/workstation. No one knows everything. As proffesionals, doing what they did with the 2900, puts them in the same league as FUaD. Ok, maybe hes second tier, not going to the playoffs, but both are enjoying the same game
May 17, 2007 6:17:53 AM

Quote:
Basically what I am saying is this is the marketing release for folks to see what the 65nm will bring with less power and alot cooler.

This release stands as an equivelent to the gts in many benches overall, but really is too hot for the avg joe. What this card represents is showing strength of design at a time when the AMD market needs the inspiration.

Like i have said ,consider it a concept release like 4x4. :wink:
Their concept releases have a knack for running like furnaces. :?
May 17, 2007 6:34:01 AM

Quote:
Basically what I am saying is this is the marketing release for folks to see what the 65nm will bring with less power and alot cooler.

This release stands as an equivelent to the gts in many benches overall, but really is too hot for the avg joe. What this card represents is showing strength of design at a time when the AMD market needs the inspiration.

Like i have said ,consider it a concept release like 4x4. :wink:
Their concept releases have a knack for running like furnaces. :?

Dude, don't you realise it's the age of CONVERGENCE? It's the new buzzword amongst all the latest gadgets and appliances. Why can't a CPU/GPU act as a secondary heat source for all those freezing souls in the world who can't afford space heaters. :lol:  :p 

Anyway, in regards to the OP, :roll: :lol:  :roll: :lol:  @ FUaD!

Give me an O! Give me a W! Give me an N! Give me an E! Give me a D!

What does it say? OWNED!
May 17, 2007 7:09:25 AM

Quote:
I find daily tech a lil loose with the truth as well. The cards that werent even sent to them, the 2900s, werent meant for benching, and the xtx 1 gig was more for fire/workstation. No one knows everything. As proffesionals, doing what they did with the 2900, puts them in the same league as FUaD. Ok, maybe hes second tier, not going to the playoffs, but both are enjoying the same game

I disagree --- they obtained a card without being under NDA, benchmarked it and described in detail how they did it and disclaimed that more data would be needed by other sites.

They simply reported what they observed.... this is quite abit different than showing a faked screenshot, claiming it as your own work, and purporting data as fact that is, indeed, not real....

It isn't even in the same league.

Oh, yeah -- and BTW, their results have been reproduced by most all other reviewers.... it does not match a GTX and barely keeps up with a GTS.... not only was their data sane, but it has been verified. It was sensationalism, actually. If you look at the good review sites, youll see whats really going on with that card. All their "discoveries" did was open up a can of worms. In this case, the numbers didnt lie, they just didnt tell the whole truth. I understand that FUaD's certainly not in the majors, but theres always some truth to the things he brings. Hes more hooked up with gpu's than cpu's. I didnt really hear much about drivers from DT , and nothing about the arch. And of course none of the features worked either. Anyone could have done that. Shoddy sensationalism. Do you think the other writers wernt jealous/pissed and left laughing at their (DT) poor attempt of a review/benchmark? Its not that theyre in the same league as FUaD, its more like, for awhile anyways, they joined his.
!