VOOM DVI to SONY SDM-HS94P pc monitor? ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2004 1:27:38 AM

I have a new pc monitor (SONY SDM-HS94P) that accepts dvi input. Screen
resolution is 1280 x 1024. Can I successfully hook up the VOOM sat box dvi
out to the dvi in on the monitor and view it as a tv?

jason b
December 27, 2004 9:14:50 AM

"jason b" <jbajic@reply_in_the_newsgroup.com> wrote in message
>I have a new pc monitor (SONY SDM-HS94P) that accepts dvi input. Screen
> resolution is 1280 x 1024. Can I successfully hook up the VOOM sat box
> dvi
> out to the dvi in on the monitor and view it as a tv?
>
> jason b

I have done this with two different flat screen PC monitors and it works
rather unpredictably. On one monitor it showed up as letterbox. On the other
the complete 16x9 HD picture was squeezed to fit the 4x3 format. Try it and
see what you get.

Evad
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 27, 2004 4:05:35 PM

I believe your monitor must be DVI-D (not sure of the letter following "DVI")
compliant. There are a few DVI signal interfaces, one designed for computer
apps and the other more for video with copyright protection. You can't switch
the two if the monitor doesn't recognize it. The Voom box is obviously a video
application, so you've got to find out if your Sony can accept a non-computer
DVI output.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 29, 2004 1:17:15 AM

If I remember correctly, the Voom box will only work with a HDCP enabled
display. If the Sony is not HDCP, it will probably not work. However I
would try it.

--Dan

!