INF file txtsetup sif is corrupt or missing status 21 Setup cannot

samir82show

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Hello,
Iam getting this message in the client side "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 21. Setup cannot
continue. Press any key to exit.
" after implementing the linux ris server all steps

Well I guess you better check that file then... Does it exist? Can you open and read it?

We need much more info to help.
What OS?
Just what have you just installed?
What are you trying to do?

You've not given us anything to work with.

samir82show

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
well, I'm trying to configure a linux RIS (Remote Installation Server) to drive windows installation from a linux RHEL5 I got the following guide http://oss.netfarm.it/guides/ris-linux.pdf and followed precisly, but I got the mentioned error. be informed that the txtsetup.sif is there and working cuz I can install from the same cd normal windows installation.

a1pumba

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

OS is XP Home Edition SP3, on a Sony Vaio PCG-FRV28 Laptop. I was just intering the System Recovery program and The Windows Automatic Updates started up. The next thing I saw was the INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. Status 14. I cannot log into windows. Only thing I can get into is the Bios. It has a small hard drive and my grandchildren had filled it full with junk. So I was taking it back to factory conditions. I have tried about everything I could find on the internet. Probably the best thing to do is replace the hard drive with a larger one. I have ordered a system recovery disk set from Sony. But still there should be a solution to this without using the disk. They might not even correct the situation.