Urgent: Installing AGP Geforce 76000 GT 4-pin power cable

dizzzzy

Distinguished
May 14, 2007
I have a newly purchased 7600 GT AGP card partially installed, but it needs a 4-pin power connector.

My question is which is the correct direction to install the 4-pin: should the red wire or the yellow wire be closer to the motherboard?

My manual is in Chinese, and the 4-pins fit either way, so I have no idea which direction is correct?

Also, there are several 4-pin cables from my PSU, as I am only running a single HDD atm. I assume any of those cables should work?

testbenchdude

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Well on my 6800 GT the yellow wire is closest to the motherboard, and I can't imagine the 7600 would be different but you never know. Anyone else?

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
You must have a seriously generic PSU. I would recommend getting a better one. The Molex connectors should have 2 beveled corners only allowing them to be plugged in one way.

dizzzzy

Distinguished
May 14, 2007
Well on my 6800 GT the yellow wire is closest to the motherboard, and I can't imagine the 7600 would be different but you never know. Anyone else?

Thanks for checking!

After inspecting the connectors with a flashlight, I can see the bevels on both connector ends (barely) and ended up with yellow toward the motherboard as well.

Nice to get confirmation that this is how it's supposed to be :lol:

No smoke emanating from PC, whew! But I do need to figure out why the monitor/GPU freezes playing WoW. :evil:

Downloaded latest...
GPU driver, check.
AGP driver, check.
Chipset and Motherboard drivers, pretty sure and confirming..
Oh, my LCD maker released an update, trying that now...