How do you get around this corner?

Hi Quakers,

I know I've been a party pooper lately, but I got all wrapped up in
Ground Zero. My goal was to get all the way through at high skill
level. Not all at once of course. I run a map over and over until I
can get through with good health and ammo. Then I save. So far so
good. I've found strategies to deal with everything.

Until now. I'm in the waste recycling map, and just opened the door to
waste storage and processing. The entrance, if you know it, is a
nightmare. Here's a low res clip.
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/corner.html

I can get past it if I use invulnerability and the BFG, but that's
just so expensive. There has to be a smart way that doesn't burn so
many resources. Any ideas?

Best,
Tom

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi Quakers,
>
> I know I've been a party pooper lately, but I got all wrapped up in
> Ground Zero. My goal was to get all the way through at high skill
> level. Not all at once of course. I run a map over and over until I
> can get through with good health and ammo. Then I save. So far so
> good. I've found strategies to deal with everything.
>
> Until now. I'm in the waste recycling map, and just opened the door to
> waste storage and processing. The entrance, if you know it, is a
> nightmare. Here's a low res clip.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/corner.html
>
> I can get past it if I use invulnerability and the BFG, but that's
> just so expensive. There has to be a smart way that doesn't burn so
> many resources. Any ideas?
>
> Best,
> Tom

Hi Tom,
My advice would be to enter, throw some tesla and prox mines, and
retreat. Repeat as necessary.

G.

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 03:12:28 GMT, Tom Chaudoir <news@clocktech.com>
wrote:

>Hi Quakers,
>
> I know I've been a party pooper lately, but I got all wrapped up in
>Ground Zero. My goal was to get all the way through at high skill
>level. Not all at once of course. I run a map over and over until I
>can get through with good health and ammo. Then I save. So far so
>good. I've found strategies to deal with everything.
>
>Until now. I'm in the waste recycling map, and just opened the door to
>waste storage and processing. The entrance, if you know it, is a
>nightmare. Here's a low res clip.
>ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/corner.html
>
>I can get past it if I use invulnerability and the BFG, but that's
>just so expensive. There has to be a smart way that doesn't burn so
>many resources. Any ideas?
>
>Best,
>Tom

Use NOTARGET and become a sniper ;)

Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Tom Chaudoir
<news@clocktech.com> wrote:
> Hi Quakers,
>
> I know I've been a party pooper lately, but I got all wrapped up in
> Ground Zero. My goal was to get all the way through at high skill
> level. Not all at once of course. I run a map over and over until I
> can get through with good health and ammo. Then I save. So far so
> good. I've found strategies to deal with everything.
>
> Until now. I'm in the waste recycling map, and just opened the door to
> waste storage and processing. The entrance, if you know it, is a
> nightmare. Here's a low res clip.
> ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/Kazoo/corner.html
>
> I can get past it if I use invulnerability and the BFG, but that's
> just so expensive. There has to be a smart way that doesn't burn so
> many resources. Any ideas?
>
> Best,
> Tom

Two dozen grenades?

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/

Thanks much to George, EvilBill, and Fan1 for advice.

Using No Target isn't sporting. I want to get through without
cheating.

Mines and grenades would be cool if they would reach the Medic from
hell on the balcony above. I I don't take him out, he just keeps
making Stroggs from thin air. There's also a turret chapping my ass
when I'm out in the open.

I did get through it now, using a couple of well placed BFG rounds. My
solution was to pull the trigger before I broke cover and get the time
delay right while it charged. Then run for cover again. After 2
rounds the Medic was feet up and I could deal with the survivors. Not
too expensive. Thanks again for the moral support. Kill Stroggs.

Best,
Tom

<news@clocktech.com> wrote:
> Thanks much to George, EvilBill, and Fan1 for advice.
>
> Using No Target isn't sporting. I want to get through without
> cheating.
>
> Mines and grenades would be cool if they would reach the Medic from
> hell on the balcony above. I I don't take him out, he just keeps
> making Stroggs from thin air. There's also a turret chapping my ass
> when I'm out in the open.

I'd forgotten about the medic, they are a pain aren't they?