Sign in with
Your question

sleep problems with asus p5k delixe and vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 9, 2008 10:03:53 PM

I am running a custom-build system with an ASA P5k Deluxe motherboard and Q6600 processor. I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, but I'm having trouble with sleep in Vista. If I set my BIOS power setting to Auto or S3, my machine will not resume from sleep properly. I can work if set to S1.

This is a custom-build with all new components, so I'm scratching my head over waht device might be having trouble with S3, or is the mobo?

I looked in the Vista logs and cant seem to find anything that it flags as a problem.

Any advice?
September 8, 2008 1:36:32 AM

I also have a problem with low energy or sleep mode. I built my own computer using an ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi board and have Vista Ultimate 32 bit, with Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU, and 4 Gig Memory. This computer worked perfectly until about 10 days ago. Now, when my computer goes into sleep mode, it will not restart since it displays “overclocking not working”?? If I shut my computer down, it restarts fine. It just has problems with sleep mode. Any suggestions??
Related resources
September 8, 2008 7:47:22 PM

ASUS fix for Maximus Formula X38 was included in the most recent BIOS release from ASUS last month. Finally sleep mode works PERFECT. BIOS version with fix is the key.
September 10, 2008 1:08:43 AM

Thank you Badge for your suggestion, which I think is correct. I am very apprehensive about upgrading my BIOS, since I have never done it. I have a flash drive. Can you direct me to the best and safe way to upgrade my BIOS?
September 10, 2008 2:32:47 AM

Check your MB manual for detailed instructions.
!