Sign in with
Your question

sleep problems with asus p5k delixe and vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 9, 2008 10:03:53 PM

I am running a custom-build system with an ASA P5k Deluxe motherboard and Q6600 processor. I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, but I'm having trouble with sleep in Vista. If I set my BIOS power setting to Auto or S3, my machine will not resume from sleep properly. I can work if set to S1.

This is a custom-build with all new components, so I'm scratching my head over waht device might be having trouble with S3, or is the mobo?

I looked in the Vista logs and cant seem to find anything that it flags as a problem.

Any advice?
September 8, 2008 1:36:32 AM

I also have a problem with low energy or sleep mode. I built my own computer using an ASUS P5K Deluxe Wifi board and have Vista Ultimate 32 bit, with Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU, and 4 Gig Memory. This computer worked perfectly until about 10 days ago. Now, when my computer goes into sleep mode, it will not restart since it displays “overclocking not working”?? If I shut my computer down, it restarts fine. It just has problems with sleep mode. Any suggestions??
m
l
Related resources
September 8, 2008 7:47:22 PM

ASUS fix for Maximus Formula X38 was included in the most recent BIOS release from ASUS last month. Finally sleep mode works PERFECT. BIOS version with fix is the key.
m
l
September 10, 2008 1:08:43 AM

Thank you Badge for your suggestion, which I think is correct. I am very apprehensive about upgrading my BIOS, since I have never done it. I have a flash drive. Can you direct me to the best and safe way to upgrade my BIOS?
m
l
September 10, 2008 2:32:47 AM

Check your MB manual for detailed instructions.
m
l
!