What is "Partition 1 inactive OS/2 Boot Man"?

sarek

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Hi there!

I am about to reformat and install a clean copy of windows xp on a notebook (asus a6v), and noticed that there already are 2 partitions. One is called something like "Partition 2 C:\" and I guess this is the "normal" partition where windows is installed, and one is a strange one that is called "Partition 1 inactive OS/2 Boot Man".

Does anyone know what this partition do? Is it safe to delete both partitions and make one big C:\ where I can install windows?

Thanks in advance!

PS. English is not my native language so I apologize if I'm a little unclear.

sarek

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008

Oooooops! I have already deleted that partition and made a new big one which I successfully installed XP on. Should I still be worried that it contained bios settings/startup info? I have no problem getting in bios. Allthough, I have a problem that when I start or reboot the computer, I have to choose what operativsystem I would like to start from a list. The thing is that "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" is listed twice and I only have one partition where I installed XP?

Annoying to say the least :-/! Do you guys think this is fixable?

sarek

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Ok, I edited the Boot.ini to fix the "Microsoft Windows XP Professional listed twice problem". Somehow it was listed twice in there? It seems like everything is running like a charm now. Thank you guys for your help!

TRENDING THREADS