Sign in with
Your question

HELP system32\drivers\pci.sys error

Last response: in Windows XP
April 25, 2008 1:57:59 AM

Hi i had no problems with system then i cleaned out dust with air, then plug system back in and got this error:windows cant load file system32\drivers\pci.sys is missing or corrupted i have a raid 1 set up on system the only way i can get system to boot is to go into bios and set up hard drives as ide so i think that it has to do with raid setup but not sure i am running xp pro sp2 thanks
April 25, 2008 2:20:20 AM

I get a similar error message to my system at work which causes to not boot at all.

What I do is put the XP disc in and run the installation process (in your case, you might need to press F6 to load the SATA Raid drivers) ~ allow it to load all the basic drivers and dll files (which you'll see flashing at the bottom of the screen during this process).

When it's done, right where it asks you where you want to install XP to, hit F3 and exit the installation process.

Take out the XP disc and boot the system........that's worked for me.

My problem must be one of those basic driver / dll files are corrupted......if that's your problem as well.......this should fix it and get you back into your system!

Good luck!!
April 25, 2008 2:32:16 AM

thanks gudodayn i will get it a try
Related resources
April 25, 2008 3:24:18 AM

well that didnt work but thanks for the try anyone else???
April 29, 2008 2:27:01 AM

Can you get into Save Mode(press F8)?
If you can ....... install your motherboard drivers from there!
!