Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Q2 Benchmarking

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 6:54:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake2 (More info?)

For quite some time, I've been puzzling over why Q2 consistently gets a
lower FPS than Q3 on my system.

Then tonight it hit me: cl_maxfps was left at the default value!
So I boosted it up to a more appropriate value of 200 and benchmarked.
197.7 FPS on demo2.dm2.

So I thought, let's see if it'll go higher. Boosted it to 300. Ran the
demo again.
210.3 FPS! w00t w00t!

Then I ran Crusher.dm2.
119.9 FPS! Another w00t! :D 

--
--
"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/

More about : benchmarking

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 6:54:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake2 (More info?)

well enjoy it q2 evolved will fix that ;) .i know in unreal i have to turn
v-synch on because it runs tooo fast[300+fps].
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 10:54:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake2 (More info?)

"EvilBill" <devlin@SPAM-ME-NOT-o-JERK-weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:ca8eva$rao$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> For quite some time, I've been puzzling over why Q2 consistently gets a
> lower FPS than Q3 on my system.
>
> Then tonight it hit me: cl_maxfps was left at the default value!
> So I boosted it up to a more appropriate value of 200 and benchmarked.
> 197.7 FPS on demo2.dm2.
>
> So I thought, let's see if it'll go higher. Boosted it to 300. Ran the
> demo again.
> 210.3 FPS! w00t w00t!
>
> Then I ran Crusher.dm2.
> 119.9 FPS! Another w00t! :D 
>
> --


thats strange. My cl_maxfps is still at whatever the default is, and I just
tried crusher at 1024x768 with 4xaa and 8x af and scored 286.2 fps ;op

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Related resources
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 7:50:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake2 (More info?)

Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis hund_
<hund_schraube@hotmail.com> wrote:
> well enjoy it q2 evolved will fix that ;) .i know in unreal i have to
> turn v-synch on because it runs tooo fast[300+fps].

LOL, yeah, I haven't tried benchamarking Q2 Evolved yet. <g>

--
--
"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 7:51:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake2 (More info?)

Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Margolis
<someone@somewhere.org> wrote:
> "EvilBill" <devlin@SPAM-ME-NOT-o-JERK-weset.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:ca8eva$rao$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> For quite some time, I've been puzzling over why Q2 consistently
>> gets a lower FPS than Q3 on my system.
>>
>> Then tonight it hit me: cl_maxfps was left at the default value!
>> So I boosted it up to a more appropriate value of 200 and
>> benchmarked. 197.7 FPS on demo2.dm2.
>>
>> So I thought, let's see if it'll go higher. Boosted it to 300. Ran
>> the demo again.
>> 210.3 FPS! w00t w00t!
>>
>> Then I ran Crusher.dm2.
>> 119.9 FPS! Another w00t! :D 
>
>
> thats strange. My cl_maxfps is still at whatever the default is, and
> I just tried crusher at 1024x768 with 4xaa and 8x af and scored 286.2
> fps ;op

Bastage ;) 
All of you! Yer bastages! LOL ;) 

--
--
"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
!