Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • X64
  • Windows Vista
  • Media Player
Last response: in Windows Vista
May 17, 2008 10:32:27 PM

Hey guys hows it going?

Windows Vista x64 seems to blue screen when I use windows media player. This has not happened until recently (around the time after service pack 1 was installed).

The blue screen comes up at random during windows media player usage this could be with in 5 mins or a few hours. Sometimes its ok when I shut it down and other times its shutting down the program that sets off the blue screen. Anyone know of the problem? Or how it could be solved?

I have X2 8800GTX's Sli
Asus Striker Extreme
4x1Gb of Mushkin RAM
Intel QX6850 3.00Ghz

Thanks in advance

Duckmyster

More about : vista x64 blue screen death

May 17, 2008 10:41:34 PM

What is the blue screen stop error message? In BIOS, bump up the memory volatge to 2.0-2.1v. You may have to increase the NB voltage also if your system is crashing when under the stress of running software.
m
l
May 18, 2008 3:04:47 AM

err im not sure about the message but I will post it when it comes up again...
I dont think I need to increase the voltage as the computer runs perfectly under full load with many applications running at once or on high spec games

Thanks badger for the reply though
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2008 4:00:35 AM

I've been using Vista 64 on this machine for months now. No problem with Media Player, I use it all the time. Have you run any Registry repair software? Be very creful with registry repair software, you can hose a Vista 64 registry real quick with a software that is not tested properly with Vista 64. The only blue screens I ever had on my system were due to too litle voltage supplied to my RAM and NB. A slight adjustment fixed that and I have no bluescreens ever.

You might try uninstalling media Player then do a reinstall.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
m
l
May 18, 2008 6:29:56 PM

Possible sli driver issue?
m
l
!