q2Evolved dedicated server

Hi all,
I'd like to invite everyone to join in a coop xatrix or rogue server
using q2e, but I can't quite figure out how to run a dedicated q2e server
with a game mod. Or we can just run regular q2 with any mod. Any requests
or suggestions? I'm thinking Saturday night.

G.
5 answers Last reply
More about q2evolved dedicated server

    just run the dedicated with the quake2.exe.clients will join with the
    q2e.exe.god i knew this would happen i have to work saturday :(

    sorry i dont know how to edit my posts here.

    the commandline for q2e.exe is the same as quake3.

    c:\quake2\q2e.exe +set fs_game xatrix +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[xxx being
    the server ip]

    "hund_" <hund_schraube@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > sorry i dont know how to edit my posts here.
    >
    > the commandline for q2e.exe is the same as quake3.
    >
    > c:\quake2\q2e.exe +set fs_game xatrix +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx[xxx being
    > the server ip]

    Thanks for the info.

    G.

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I'd like to invite everyone to join in a coop xatrix or rogue server
    > using q2e, but I can't quite figure out how to run a dedicated q2e server
    > with a game mod. Or we can just run regular q2 with any mod. Any
    requests
    > or suggestions? I'm thinking Saturday night.

    Yea!
    You guys are ahead of the leading Q2 edge here!!!

    Unfortunately I had a major problem with the hard drive I used for games
    last week.
    Which was also my C boot drive and very nice SATA drive.
    I had to reinstall my system on another drive and am still working on it.
    I have data backups etc but Ill have to send the drive back and I may
    wait till I get the new drive to restore it and my games. And then Ill be
    back online!

    In the meantime have fun!

    David

    "Shogo" <hsternak@nospamyahooxxx.com> wrote in message
    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I'd like to invite everyone to join in a coop xatrix or rogue server
    > > using q2e, but I can't quite figure out how to run a dedicated q2e
    server
    > > with a game mod. Or we can just run regular q2 with any mod. Any
    > requests
    > > or suggestions? I'm thinking Saturday night.
    > >

    > Yea!
    > You guys are ahead of the leading Q2 edge here!!!
    >
    > Unfortunately I had a major problem with the hard drive I used for games
    > last week.
    > Which was also my C boot drive and very nice SATA drive.
    > I had to reinstall my system on another drive and am still working on it.
    > I have data backups etc but Ill have to send the drive back and I may
    > wait till I get the new drive to restore it and my games. And then Ill be
    > back online!
    >
    > In the meantime have fun!
    >
    > David

    Hi David,
    Good luck! I just went through reloading my backup Windows ME machine.
    My broadband connection saved lots of time, thankfully.

    G.

Dedicated Server Games Video Games