BartPE-unable to install network adapters

fantefan

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
I have spent quite a bit of time trying to build a BartPE cd that i can boot off of, then add in network support to configure the IP address of the server with a Ghost image on it, then, load the image to the machine (i am having trouble with both a Lenovo ThinkPad R61 and a ThinkCentre, 9632-UN8).

I have tried loading updated network drivers plugin as recommended on a couple of other forums but still doesn't work. I get the same error message every time: 'Unable to install network adapters. Both machines have the Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet NIC.

I also tried adding the R61 nic drivers to my peinstaller folder. I did the following:
1) exploded the drivers into a file on my c:\ drive
2) copied them in to: C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\Net\R61
3) then burned a cd
4) still getting same error message!!!

ARRRRRGH.

Ahem, any advice is greatly appreciated! :wahoo:

mrjoshd

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Try this. Alot of broadcom drivers use generic intel drivers and Bart doesn't necessarily like it very much.

Go find the latest copy of the PRO2KXP drivers, probably PRO2KXP_v13_5.exe. It's easy to find via google. Save it then run the following command from a command prompt. Once extracted move all of the folders into the Pebuilder\drivers\Net folder. Rebuild your PE ISO, burn, and then try again.

PRO2KXP_v13_1_2.exe /s /e /f <path>

Hope this helps. Also, depending on your version of Bart, you may need to actually copy the .sys driver file into your I386\system32 folder. I've had to do that on a few rare occasions.