Sign in with
Your question

does ultimate use more memory then home premium?

Last response: in Windows Vista
May 22, 2008 12:24:03 AM

im going to build a gaming computer and my uncle might let me use his ultimate. does that require more memory then home premium? im going to put 2gbs or ram.
May 22, 2008 1:00:55 AM

If there is any difference it will be very minor. Just go ultimate. 2 gigs is fine but if you want to entertain the idea of four or more (very popular these days since RAM is cheap) then see if you can install the 64 bit version off of that Ultimate DVD. I think Ultimate comes with both 32 and 64. You need 64 bit to actually use 4 gig or more.

Vista 64 is HOT right now. Most gamers/enthusiasts are opting for it over 32. It works with pretty much everything and drivers are fully available. You won't be sorry and you'll be set for 4 to 8 gigs RAM for the years to come. I'm running 8 on Vista 64 and loving it.
m
l
May 22, 2008 4:46:37 PM

Yes it is going to use more ram, aero takes up somemore and isnt available with home. 64 a gamer preference? Where ? Most of us gamers are still 32, so we can play ALL our favorite titles, not just a few.
m
l
Related resources
May 22, 2008 5:47:48 PM

blacksci said:
Yes it is going to use more ram, aero takes up somemore and isnt available with home. 64 a gamer preference? Where ? Most of us gamers are still 32, so we can play ALL our favorite titles, not just a few.

Sorry but you are a bit confused here. It's basic which lacks Aero, not home. You must be thinking of 'dreamscene', the animated wallpaper? Aero uses Video ram anyway, not system ram, which is only a problem with shared video/system ram. And 64 plays virtually ALL the games. And 64 is hot as hell with gamers now. Just read up a bit.
m
l
May 23, 2008 2:07:32 PM

The compatablity modes in Vista 64 bit take care of most problems. Somethins running as administrator will fix it also. What games have you had problems with? Punk Buster was a problem but there is new config file for 64 bit.

m
l
!