NVIDIA control panel cannot find the HDTV

Stilet

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Just days ago, the HDTV was avalible in the drop down menu in the "Setup multiple displays" section of NVIDIAs Control Panel. Sometimes it did disappear randomly, and was gone for a while (hours, maybe restarts), and popped back in the list again.

But at this moment it does not appear in that list. Why?

I've tried to
* Reinstall drivers
* Test different drivers, old, newest, and beta ones
* Reinstall windows
* Clean the DVI slot in the graphic card and the HDMI slot in the TV
* Clean the PC inside

The graphic card is GeForce 8800 GTS, 640 MB
The TV is an LG
The PC monitor is a samsung

Why does it not work now, when it worked before!? Any expert!?

robheinze

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Just the other day after working fine for months my Nvidia EVA 9600GT has the same issue?The HDTV or Component Video IN was not avalible in the drop down menu in the "Setup multiple displays" section of NVIDIAs Control Panel.

At this moment there is only Composite video as choice in the TV list. Why?

I've tried to
* Reinstall drivers
* Test different drivers, old, newest, and beta ones
* Monitor is a NEC

The graphic card is GeForce 9600 GT, 512 MB
The TV is an Samsung
The PC monitor is a NEC

Maybe caused by new windows updates recently, I just can't figure what changed, was working fine one moment & next day it's not?

robheinze@hotmail.com

robheinze

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Using Custom view does not allow you to select the HDTV entries, the component video is missing and the custom view only lets you see the selection of Composite video only, I can force the HDTV to use HDMI but my 9600GT does not have enough power to run my PC monitor with a 2nd HDMI cable and my 37" Samsung, It was working for several months & just stopped working one day? I'm just don't know, checked cables were connected & tight but just won't recognize as HDTV only composite video???

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Just a guess but did you happen to disconnect the cables recently.
I have a 8800 gtx and for some reason it matters to it where I plug the cables in when Im running dual monitor.

Also try to get a copy of driver sweeper. (its free)
Delete the Nvidia drivers reboot.
Run drivers sweeper and it will delete more Nvidia drivers.
Reboot and make sure that you have the most generic VGA windows has.
If not run drivers sweeper again and reboot.
Then with the monitor and TV on install the video drivers.
Try the 179 version. Ive read of several people having problems with the 180 version.
For the most part the problems concern not having manual fan control, but there may be others.

You could also try the Nvidia forums for more specific info.
http://forums.nvidia.com/

robheinze

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Thanks for the info, finally resolved the problem. It seems that I had a voltage spike a week ago that apparently messed up my power supply and motherboard, the motherboard started making noises and then I discovered the power supply had some issues as well, anyway to make a long story short I had to replace both motherboard and power supply and now video to HDTV is ok again, thanks for all the support... Robert!