Virtual Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

duvix

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
Is there a Virtual Machine for Linux that can run the OS already installed on a second HDD?

Example:
A program under Mandriva runs Vista installed on my secondary disk (Vista boot and works normally).

Solution
VMWare and, I think, most other Virtual Machines can use a hard disk partition as their disk, in the way you describe. However, the Vista on your hard drive will be configured for the real hardware that you have, whereas a Virtual Machine will present different (emulated) hardware. Even ignoring activation problems, it just won't work. The likelihood is that you'll end up screwing up your Vista installation.
VMWare and, I think, most other Virtual Machines can use a hard disk partition as their disk, in the way you describe. However, the Vista on your hard drive will be configured for the real hardware that you have, whereas a Virtual Machine will present different (emulated) hardware. Even ignoring activation problems, it just won't work. The likelihood is that you'll end up screwing up your Vista installation.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS