Cpu upgrade help

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Hey guys . i am currently running a AMD Phenom II X2 560 ( dual core 3.3ghz ) Processor on a 990x am3+ compatible motherboard.

with the new pile driver out would you think it would be suitable for me to go for the new 4300 processor ?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...re-s-am3plus-38ghz-8mb-total-cache-95w-retail

i intend on using my computer primarily for gaming and feel that the quad pile driver processor would fill my requirements more than the 6/8 core processors.

What are your thoughts on this and would you i receive a valuable enough upgrade from this purchase?

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
also like to add am i right favoring the quad of the 6/8 cores and are there any alternatives that might be better to get than the pile driver?

my recommendation if you are on an AM3+ platform already, and considering the 4300, the 10$ bump from the 4300 to the 6300 will probably be more worth it. It would act as a True triple core if you decide to turn off 3 of the other cores so that the cores don't need to share any resources.

luis94uk

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
alright , maybe ill have a look for benchmarks . still though would prefer the quad-core mainly because it seems like its optimized for the majority of programs compared to other core amounts.

i don't have a large understand of this however so i might be wrong