Convertor cable

rodan1

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Or at least that's what I'ld call it. I'm wanting a cable to go from S-Video to a Single audio cable out and a single composite video cable out or even just s-video to a single composite video cable. I know they make these why can't I find one? Am I not giving it a proper name or what? LiL help, please!

Thanks
JW

rodan1

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
M that's IT! :D Exactly! I was pretty sure there were items like that out there and I wasn't nuts. I looked for quite some time though. Just didn't hit the right combination of search queries I guess. I would think places like newegg would have it a little easier to find, wouldn't you? I mean I tried s-video adapters, s-video cables, all sorts of a/v combos and finally relied on the good ole resource of friends in forums like you.

Thanks!!
John W.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
i wondered the same thing about the cable cause i wanted to hook up my hdtv as a monitor to play 55" PC games. My x1900xtx has the output and cables, but i had a dickens of a time getting the desktop to show up right, when i did, it looked flickery, and when i tried to start quake 4, screen went blank. Dang Blast it! Guess I'll have to keep playing on my stupid crappy 19" widescreen lcd.

kbits

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=154513&Redir=1&description=InFocus-S-video%20to%20Component%20Adapter-Cables

Hmmm just to make things clear, this isn't really a S-Video to component adapter right?

It is a special multipin connector to component adapter. Four pins of this special multipin connector provide indeed the S-Video signal, which let you plug in a simple S-Video cable right in your card, but other pins are necessary for the component conversion.

You can't use this adapter with any S-Video cable to get component signal. It will only work with the multipin output of your video card, if your video card have one.

Maybe it is exactly what you had in mind though.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
Or at least that's what I'ld call it. I'm wanting a cable to go from S-Video to a Single audio cable out and a single composite video cable out or even just s-video to a single composite video cable. I know they make these why can't I find one? Am I not giving it a proper name or what? LiL help, please!

Thanks
JW

What are you trying to do with this? Just so you know you wont get a better picture quality out of this, the picture is only as good as the weakest chain in the link and if you use a composite source anywhere from beginning to end, your final image will only be as good as that.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
hey, if you dont want to order it online, check radioshack if your in the states. youll pay about the same with shipping. and yes, please explain what you are trying to do.