I need your help - Have you upgraded to SP3 and are there any issues?

Have you upgraded to XP SP3 and what kind of issues

• Total voters

chpctech

Distinguished
May 8, 2008
At my workplace we do computer repairs, IT support and various other services. We are trying to figure out whether to start installing Windows XP SP3 on machines yet or wait until some more bugs are fixed. So far since the full release I haven't seen too many issues searching through forums and news bits. If you are having serious issues if you could explain what they are they would be great, but not necessarily needed. Thanks for the responses.

Colby

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Minor issues reported at this point. There was an article over at information week on it. Mainly complete system failures and issues with removable disks. Doesn't seem to widespread.

I've rolled it out to about 8 PC's (only two existing installs though the other 6 were clean installs). No issues thus far. Someone in another office reported minor issues with having to re-download drivers. I'm holding off on the other 120 PC's until some more people try it out. Don't exactly want to toast a bunch of machines for what little benefit there is.

knudsen

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
kamel, that happen to be an AD domain? 2003 server or ??? My boss read somewhere that it causes trouble with domains or AD. I wonder if that waas the first release that they pulled.