rabidscoobie

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate x64 and I am having a very annoying problem.Heres the deal.....I have a data dvd that I burned awhile back while still using XP Pro,well today I opened it up to run an exe file and it tells me that I dont have apprpiate permissions to access or something similar...so ok?I then figure Ill just copy/paste to HD and it then says that its a read only file and I cannot move or delete.I then try to see if properties has a security tab and it does not,I am the admin and the only account.why cant I open or at least copy/paste this file,I tried to copy/paste the entire folder that the file is in and everthing but the exe would copy,what am I missing here,I have only been running vista for a coujple days now.Vista is fully up to date,all drivers are.

System
M2N SLi Deluxe
Athlon 6400+ X2
OCZ 4gb 6400 Ram
Evga 8800gt 512mb
X-Fi Fatality Sound I/O Bay
1 500gb wd hd
1 320gb wd
1 250gb wd
1 200gb wd
2 80bg wd all sata's
Lite-On SHM-165H6S DVD Burner
OCZ GameExtreme 700w PS
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G5 mouse(blue)

Dotcommie

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

:non: Cut, Copy, Move Folder, etc. do not have a "Run as Administrator" option, so that won't work without special instructions.

However, you can use the command prompt in "Run as Administrator" mode, and the xcopy command typically has enough power to cut/move folders and sub-folders.

If that doesn't completely work, you should make sure there are no related Services running (Manually stop them if needed) and then try again.

Good luck.

rabidscoobie

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007

Man this was an old post,but anyways problem solved long ago.I dont even have that rig anymore,but thx for the reply.

TRENDING THREADS