Sign in with
Your question

Intel 1333FSB

Last response: in CPUs
May 16, 2007 11:53:47 AM

When are intel looking at realseing these chip and change to DDR3. I don't want to change now then in 2 months time DDR3 is out.

More about : intel 1333fsb

May 16, 2007 12:29:09 PM

Quote:
When are intel looking at realseing these chip and change to DDR3. I don't want to change now then in 2 months time DDR3 is out.

Depends. DDR2 has just got good and cheap. Do you need DDR3? Are you just buying it because 3 is more than 2 thus automatically better and a requirement?

DDR2 can do everything DDR3 can do at the moment. The release of DDR3 and the change to DDR3 are completely different things. I'd give it 18 months before DDR3 becomes mainstream. I don't know where you can even buy DDR3, and if you can it will probably cost you the same as a whole system ;) 

edit: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20070426140...
Looks like i wasn't far off. No idea why anyone would want to pay that :? .

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20070501103...
Quote:
Demand for DDR3 is expected to emerge towards the end of the year. According to market research firm iSuppli, DDR3 will account for 25% of total DRAM shipments by the end of 2008 and dominate the market by 2010.

I guess I was over generous. DDR3 be getting popular around when Nehalem releases. I'd buy the DDR2
Related resources
May 16, 2007 1:04:14 PM

I just don't want to buy a whole new system then find by Christmas 80% on m/b are DDR3 and I have DDR2 that is going to be old. I know tech moves on but I don't want to buy a whole system when I can wait 2 months and get DDR3.

Whats happening about the 1333FSB chips.
May 16, 2007 1:09:04 PM

So what if everyone else is on DDR3? If everyone else jumps in the river do you jump too?

If you have $1000 to spend on memory modules buy DDR3. It'll be a load of crap though and cheaper imo to buy DDR2 now and buy DDR3 at xmas. It still won't be cheap by then though.
DDR3 is not worth buying for another 2 years. The only reason you'll buy it then is because that is what will be in supply and supply drops prices.

Read those articles i posted.
May 16, 2007 1:12:13 PM

Quote:
So what if everyone else is on DDR3? If everyone else jumps in the river do you jump too?

No but sometimes it is cheaper to spend the extra to say that your system will work ok with the new tech.

This thing no one can answer but the person buying the system is how long do you want the system to last and how much extra do you want to spend to achive this.
May 16, 2007 1:16:38 PM

Well as I said 2GB of DDR3 will cost you $1000 compared to around $90 for the equivilent amount in DDR2.
Just because it's newer it doesnt mean it will out last it. The first modules will barely perform any better than DDR2.

Let me put that point in plain english actually :twisted: . DDR3 will not future proof your system.
May 16, 2007 1:18:33 PM

Well for my self it isn't worth the wait. Wonder if DDR4 would become more maintsrem then DDR3. Oh well only time will tell.

But what is happening the the new intel 1333MHz FSB chips when will they be out.
May 16, 2007 1:20:31 PM

They are coming out July 22nd. I'd personally wait till then to buy a processor. Not for the 1333FSB chips (I doubt you need that FSB/You can already get that by changing it manually) but for the Q6600 :twisted:
May 16, 2007 1:25:04 PM

Don't know if I can be bothered to pay for the Q6600. Wonder how much that will be.
May 16, 2007 1:27:31 PM

Quote:
Don't know if I can be bothered to pay for the Q6600. Wonder how much that will be.

Omg dude read some more of the forums

On July 22 Q6600 will be $266
May 16, 2007 1:29:15 PM

I don't live in the states. I live in rip off land aka UK. Prices are always heavily onflated for the UK. Mind you at that price it would prob be about £210 for UK that would be worth waiting for at that price.
May 16, 2007 1:39:30 PM

Quote:
I don't live in the states. I live in rip off land aka UK. Prices are always heavily onflated for the UK. Mind you at that price it would prob be about £210 for UK that would be worth waiting for at that price.

Well I'm UK also. The prices will drop a lot here too.

You can pickup 2GB of DDR2-800 for £60 http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY...
Which is a total bargain.
The Q6600 will probably be around £170 based on the fact that... the E6600 is $216 and selling for around £150.

Or take price of Q6600 from your retailer.
Divide by current USD price 530.
Multiply by 266 (new price).
May 16, 2007 1:39:36 PM

Quote:

Ok sorry I forget that there are people from other countrys on this forums

With that said

If your going to future proof i would give it some time. There is so much stuff coming out this summer it is not even funny

The link for the Gigabyty MB you need to check out it was just posted by another member of this site last night.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Product...

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules

4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory(Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR2 1066*/800/667 MHz memory modules
May 16, 2007 1:47:32 PM

I'd wait until the quantum-hyperspace-infinite data rate super-mega-ultra 2GoogolByte kits are out. JK LOL
May 16, 2007 1:59:05 PM

I'll be waiting till july 22 lets see

Q6600 save almost 200 usd!!!

Ram (DDR2) will go low or stay the same can't lose there

Video card same

MBs well if i go P35 it will be alot of time to work out bugs!! Or lower the cost on older MBs
If i go P35 which I will next year this time the new CPUs will drop in price and then upgrade

So a wait is not that crazy!!
May 16, 2007 1:59:44 PM

Video card same

MBs well if i go P35 it will be alot of time to work out bugs!! Or lower the cost on older MBs
If i go P35 which I will next year this time the new CPUs will drop in price and then upgrade

May 16, 2007 2:02:30 PM

Quote:

Video card same

Waiting for price drops is perfectly fine. It's waiting for technology thats stupid :p 
May 16, 2007 2:11:00 PM

Quote:

Video card same

Waiting for price drops is perfectly fine. It's waiting for technology thats stupid :p 

Right on
and with new tec you pay way to much
Now with my out line of parts and I think you are geting a good upgrade path and not paying a lot. As for the OP I think this would be a good idea too :D 
I think the prices are high in the US I would hate to pay the UK price
I guess just some thing to think about
May 16, 2007 2:15:47 PM

Quote:

I would be more than willing to wait for the price drops but my current computer will probably not last until July 22nd.

I waited for the April 22nd price drop...was about to order the parts for the new build and ...bam... the MB GA-965P-DQ6 is nop longer available. I waited a little then researced and found out the MB is being replaced with the GA-P35-DQ6...need to wait until May 21st. Probably order the parts once I return from Disney World the last week of May...should have some official reviews by then. I was on the Corsair forum as well and I will go with 2 x 2gb of DDR2 RAM that has been released...the forum guy from Corsair indicated that this RAM would work fine in the DQ^ while taking less power, less heat and is cheaper than 2 x 1GB times 2.

Sorry for the ramble but if I continue to wait...till July 22nd then another date will surface to stop me. I plan on the e6600 and maybe upgrade the processor afterwards to a Quad core...probably not even need to at this point.
Tim
May 16, 2007 2:20:12 PM

Well after reading a few stuff about DDR3 I am certainly not going to wait for that. I will wait till end of July because the Q6600 will make the older proc come down in price and hopfuly the 680i chips will be sorted out.
May 16, 2007 2:26:26 PM

Hay Tim

Or you could buy a cheap CPU to hold you over till the new CPUs.
May 16, 2007 2:27:37 PM

Well that's fair enough. If someone said to me they were going to buy a Q6600 today though i'd say get a E4300 then decide if you wan the Q6600 in 2 months time ;) 
May 16, 2007 2:41:40 PM

With DDR2 being so ultra dirtcheap at the moment, you just dont want to get DDR3
May 16, 2007 2:41:46 PM

Quote:
Well after reading a few stuff about DDR3 I am certainly not going to wait for that. I will wait till end of July because the Q6600 will make the older proc come down in price and hopfuly the 680i chips will be sorted out.

Right on

Off topic but is every thing in the UK high priced or just computer parts?
May 16, 2007 2:46:19 PM

Quote:
With DDR2 being so ultra dirtcheap at the moment, you just dont want to get DDR3

And what is sad is DDR is more then DDR2 WTF
Was looking at this the other day for an old PC and well :evil: 
May 16, 2007 3:29:33 PM

Quote:
Hay Tim

Or you could buy a cheap CPU to hold you over till the new CPUs.

I guess it is because I can't convinve myself that I NEED to update my CPU in July...will the benefits outweigh the cost? Mainly Photoshop and some video editing.
Tim
May 16, 2007 4:15:44 PM

what are you runing for a rig now?

If it is on its last leg then there is no waiting

If you buy now I wouldn't upgrade my CPU till the new CPUs come out!

but yea I would wait for P35 MBs
May 16, 2007 5:14:52 PM

I built my last (and my first build) computer in Feb 2003. As I didn't know a heck of a lot back then it was an Intel MB...with an 845 chipset. It has 1GB memory and an ATI 8500 video card...great when it was new.

It worked fine until the last several months...it has slowed to a crawl. I can no longer be bothered editing photos with Photoshop. At first I thought it just needed reinstalation of Windows...tried that but it is the same. I checked the memory as well as other tests and determined that it is probably hardware releated. I decided against figuring out the problem...even though it is probably either the MB or CPU...and will build a new rig instead.

Tim
May 16, 2007 5:18:37 PM

Quote:

Off topic but is every thing in the UK high priced or just computer parts?

Most stuff here is much more expensive. Doesn't help with the VAT (USA equlivent to Tax) is 17.5% but the there is stealth Tax on stuff here to.

With petrol we have the price the company wants to charge then stealth tax the VAT ontop on the price of fuel+stealth tax

Shame the N680i chipset was such a let down I really wanted an Nvidia chipset.
May 16, 2007 5:24:36 PM

Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sucks!!!!!! The next time i get mad at the price of gas i'll think of you poor guys in the UK
May 16, 2007 5:36:31 PM

Quote:
Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sucks!!!!!! The next time i get mad at the price of gas i'll think of you poor guys in the UK

The current price is $7.28 per us gallon at todays exchange rate.
May 16, 2007 5:43:11 PM

Quote:
Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The current price is $7.28 per us gallon at todays exchange rate.

Man I'm sorry but this is going to pi$$ you off but

$3.11 a gallon
May 16, 2007 5:52:35 PM

Well I did have some idea what price it was there. It's like Vista what you pay there we pay almost in £. I think Microsoft suck because at the end of the day it is boxed or what ever in Irland. Next door to the UK. WHY!!?????

I am very dissapointed in Microsoft but I am also dissapoints in all the other companies that have this pollicy to. Fair play you would expect the price difference to fluctuate a bit due to the exchange rates but we shouldn't be paying double.

NVM thats off topic.

Does Nvidia have anything else up there sleve to sort out there 680i chip. Either new north bridge or firmware update. When you compare it to Intels offerings just doesn't measure up.
May 16, 2007 6:01:56 PM

Quote:
Well I did have some idea what price it was there. It's like Vista what you pay there we pay almost in £. I think Microsoft suck because at the end of the day it is boxed or what ever in Irland. Next door to the UK. WHY!!?????

I am very dissapointed in Microsoft but I am also dissapoints in all the other companies that have this pollicy to. Fair play you would expect the price difference to fluctuate a bit due to the exchange rates but we shouldn't be paying double.

NVM thats off topic.

Does Nvidia have anything else up there sleve to sort out there 680i chip. Either new north bridge or firmware update. When you compare it to Intels offerings just doesn't measure up.

m$ suck yes try Linux it is diffrent but the price is right :wink:

The 680i MBs don't know about that I'v been spending a lot of time looking up the P35 and looking up things for my next build.

Off topic but what is min wage there :?:

Sorry i couldn't help you out more on the 680i :?:
May 16, 2007 6:18:57 PM

I think min wage for outside of London is $9..42

Prob with the P35 it won't do sli
May 16, 2007 6:40:51 PM

Quote:

Here i'll get it for 266€, so you'll get it for 182£.

$266 US would be 196€ or 134£... :( 
May 16, 2007 6:44:33 PM

Quote:
I think min wage for outside of London is $9..42

Prob with the P35 it won't do sli

$6.15 I think

Yes I think there will be SLI I'll look abd get back to you
May 16, 2007 6:45:03 PM

The q6600 is already out priced at £337
May 16, 2007 7:06:55 PM

Quote:
The q6600 is already out priced at £337

Yes it is the new chip that i was talking about is the Penryn out by X-mas

the P35 you should be able to get it in you country it is in canada and down under but not here in the US till the end of May
May 16, 2007 7:29:12 PM

Well I am not waiting till xmas
May 16, 2007 7:41:44 PM

Quote:
Well I am not waiting till xmas

Well I'm not waiting till X-mas

but I'm waiting till July 22 (for Q6600)

So this has turned in to a BS post

what does one do in the UK for fun
May 16, 2007 7:54:06 PM

so the Q6600 is out in the UK but not in the US??

We do the same as you in in the states.
Watch tv, night clubs, pub, (girls shopping), leisure centres etc
May 16, 2007 7:58:18 PM

no no no the P35 MB is not out here

The Q6600 been out for a long time

Are you a lost fan????
May 16, 2007 9:04:09 PM

Never wanted to buy a Intel system never liked them found their product limiting and lousy priceing. but times have change and now I need to catch up.
May 16, 2007 9:11:23 PM

Month to month little changes with electronics, but check in every couple of years, and the landscape looks quite a bit different.
May 16, 2007 9:24:55 PM

Telling me I haven't reaserched PC componates for games for about 3 years. A hell of a lot has changed.
May 17, 2007 3:02:30 AM

Three years ago? Wouldn't that be the time of AMD on top, socket 939, DDR being mainstream, and AGP being the way to go? Things sounding about right?
May 17, 2007 4:51:07 PM

Yep ceartainly was and when 1GB was really good to have and I think it was Gefore 5500
!