Intel names CSI?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Marketing
  • Intel
  • Power
Last response: in CPUs
May 16, 2007 2:25:01 PM

According to our favorite rag, Intel has coughed up the name for the forthcoming CSI interconnect.

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Talk about marketing people with too much power.....

More about : intel names csi

May 16, 2007 2:34:27 PM

Quote:
According to our favorite rag, Intel has coughed up the name for the forthcoming CSI interconnect.

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Intel core 3 duo with quick path technology! I can hear the adverts already.
May 16, 2007 2:37:06 PM

How..... errr, ummm... FASN8ing.
Related resources
May 16, 2007 2:45:45 PM

Amazing how such a unspectacular name is so much better than all the BS names AMD has always been producing.
a b à CPUs
May 16, 2007 2:51:15 PM

QuickPath, eh?!

Well, I guess they have to keep it nice and simple so all the Intel fanboys and the Dell buyers out there can understand.
May 16, 2007 3:36:02 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

Well, I guess they have to keep it nice and simple so all the Intel fanboys and the Dell buyers out there can understand.

Not only does Intel make things simpler, they also save two vowels over something like "Hyper transport." :lol: 
May 16, 2007 3:50:01 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

Not only does Intel make things simpler, they also save two vowels over something like "Hyper transport." :lol: 

It sounds like a laxative.
:lol: 
May 16, 2007 4:07:31 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

:lol: Yeah, you could say it is.. :wink: :wink: It'll really get sh*t moving fast. :D  :D  :D 
May 16, 2007 4:09:55 PM

Needs more numbers. Lots of numbers = good product. QuickPath 9000 would perform much better.
May 16, 2007 5:11:48 PM

Quote:
How..... errr, ummm... FASN8ing.
What about "Direct Connect Architecture"?
May 16, 2007 5:15:18 PM

Sounds... phem... phe.. ph.. phenomenal. :lol: 
May 16, 2007 5:15:59 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Well, I can't say it's a genious name for sure. But it says what it should be, a quickpath from memory to cpu and the opposite. Oh! and it's no worst then AMD HyperTransport and definitly better then "front side bus" between you and me :wink: .

Anyway, I like the name.
May 16, 2007 5:20:21 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

LMAO!

Feeling a little clogged up? Here, take some of this Hyper-Transport, it'll make a Quick Path for your clog!
May 16, 2007 5:22:32 PM

Quote:
Needs more numbers. Lots of numbers = good product. QuickPath 9000 would perform much better.

Yes, also, the name should be oxymoronic too:

Core 2 Quad Duo Octo Quick Path QX9000a
May 16, 2007 7:10:12 PM

Right... and "Phenom" is just so much better.

AMD marketing guru: "Hey Hector, here's an idea: let's take the word Phenominal and cut it down to 'phenom' and name our new processors that."
Ruiz: "Oooo... I like that! Maybe it'll distract those pesky analysts and everything will be allllll better."
May 16, 2007 7:47:38 PM

Quote:

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Can't believe it; looks like both Intel and AMD are challenging themselves to the most disgusting marketing name 8O Has the world consumed all of those nice epic names :?: :!:
May 16, 2007 8:22:07 PM

Quote:

The word Phenom has been around a long time. AMD didn't make it up.

I never thought Athlon was so great either. It sounds like a shoe company.
May 16, 2007 9:08:38 PM

While it's not going to make people drop everything and buy the product, it could be worse.
May 16, 2007 9:13:21 PM

Quote:
QuickPath, eh?!

LMAO!

Feeling a little clogged up? Here, take some of this Hyper-Transport, it'll make a Quick Path for your clog!

It is simple and if you know what it's for you can figure it out, but the simplicity will make it hard for n00bs to know what it's for.

They may think it's for directories or smething.
May 16, 2007 9:18:26 PM

The only people I've ever heard use "phenom" are flaming homosexuals. (Note: i have no issue with homosexuals)

Furthermore, there's already band named "Phenom." Perhaps they will sue AMD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenom
a b à CPUs
May 16, 2007 9:57:44 PM

Actually, I think the Intel marketing folks should have gone the opposite route and instead of creating a sound byte style name they should have called it something like the Intel Bidirectional Serial HighBandwidth Low Latency Point 2 Point Link", or the IBSHBLP2P-Technology (pronounced: ibshibipple-technology) for short. That way there would be absolutely no questions about what it is or what it does.

All these names for different product lines leave a lot to be desired.
May 16, 2007 10:13:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think the Intel marketing folks should have gone the opposite route and instead of creating a sound byte style name they should have called it something like the Intel Bidirectional Serial HighBandwidth Low Latency Point 2 Point Link", or the IBSHBLP2P-Technology (pronounced: ibshibipple-technology) for short. That way there would be absolutely no questions about what it is or what it does.

All these names for different product lines leave a lot to be desired.

LOL
May 16, 2007 10:42:14 PM

Hyperpath sounds cooler, but it sounds too much like Hyper Transport, so maybe... Lightpath?... Nah.
May 16, 2007 11:00:25 PM

Quote:

AMD marketing guru: "Hey Hector, here's an idea: let's take the word Phenominal and cut it down to 'phenom' and name our new processors that."
Ruiz: "Oooo... I like that! Maybe it'll distract those pesky analysts and everything will be allllll better."

I think Phenom SUCKS.
May 16, 2007 11:03:54 PM

Quote:

I guess it worked since the stock is now at $15.58.
May 16, 2007 11:07:28 PM

yeah yeah yeah.

I rather liked Athlon. They should have called the new CPU Quadathlon. Probably too long though.
a b à CPUs
May 16, 2007 11:52:03 PM

hyperthreading anyone?
May 17, 2007 12:25:53 AM

Change that to Quickie for more appealing to consumers.
!