Intel names CSI?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
According to our favorite rag, Intel has coughed up the name for the forthcoming CSI interconnect.

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Talk about marketing people with too much power.....

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
According to our favorite rag, Intel has coughed up the name for the forthcoming CSI interconnect.

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Intel core 3 duo with quick path technology! I can hear the adverts already.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
QuickPath, eh?!

Well, I guess they have to keep it nice and simple so all the Intel fanboys and the Dell buyers out there can understand.

Not only does Intel make things simpler, they also save two vowels over something like "Hyper transport." :lol:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
QuickPath, eh?!

Well, I guess they have to keep it nice and simple so all the Intel fanboys and the Dell buyers out there can understand.

Not only does Intel make things simpler, they also save two vowels over something like "Hyper transport." :lol:

It sounds like a laxative.
:lol:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
QuickPath, eh?!

:lol:Yeah, you could say it is.. :wink: :wink: It'll really get sh*t moving fast. :D :D :D

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
QuickPath, eh?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I can't say it's a genious name for sure. But it says what it should be, a quickpath from memory to cpu and the opposite. Oh! and it's no worst then AMD HyperTransport and definitly better then "front side bus" between you and me :wink: .

Anyway, I like the name.

QuickPath, eh?!

LMAO!

Feeling a little clogged up? Here, take some of this Hyper-Transport, it'll make a Quick Path for your clog!

mpjesse

Splendid
Right... and "Phenom" is just so much better.

AMD marketing guru: "Hey Hector, here's an idea: let's take the word Phenominal and cut it down to 'phenom' and name our new processors that."
Ruiz: "Oooo... I like that! Maybe it'll distract those pesky analysts and everything will be allllll better."

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

And the name is

TRUMPETS PLEASE......

QuickPath!

Can't believe it; looks like both Intel and AMD are challenging themselves to the most disgusting marketing name 8O Has the world consumed all of those nice epic names :?: :!:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
QuickPath, eh?!

LMAO!

Feeling a little clogged up? Here, take some of this Hyper-Transport, it'll make a Quick Path for your clog!

It is simple and if you know what it's for you can figure it out, but the simplicity will make it hard for n00bs to know what it's for.

They may think it's for directories or smething.

Actually, I think the Intel marketing folks should have gone the opposite route and instead of creating a sound byte style name they should have called it something like the Intel Bidirectional Serial HighBandwidth Low Latency Point 2 Point Link", or the IBSHBLP2P-Technology (pronounced: ibshibipple-technology) for short. That way there would be absolutely no questions about what it is or what it does.

All these names for different product lines leave a lot to be desired.

Dan1317

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Actually, I think the Intel marketing folks should have gone the opposite route and instead of creating a sound byte style name they should have called it something like the Intel Bidirectional Serial HighBandwidth Low Latency Point 2 Point Link", or the IBSHBLP2P-Technology (pronounced: ibshibipple-technology) for short. That way there would be absolutely no questions about what it is or what it does.

All these names for different product lines leave a lot to be desired.

LOL

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

AMD marketing guru: "Hey Hector, here's an idea: let's take the word Phenominal and cut it down to 'phenom' and name our new processors that."
Ruiz: "Oooo... I like that! Maybe it'll distract those pesky analysts and everything will be allllll better."

I think Phenom SUCKS.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

I guess it worked since the stock is now at $15.58.