PPC6600 says web page connot be found

August 14, 2005 1:39:32 AM

It used to connect, but now says The page you are looking for cannot be
found.
Tried a bunch, like google, yahoo, a few others I view regularly.
Its on Telusmobility.
It shows I'm connected, just wont access any pages.
Any Ideas what is going on?
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 2:04:39 PM

The best way to find out is to install VXUtil Personal from
http://www.cam.com and check. You can check what is the IP address you are
receiving from the network: maybe for some reason you are not connecting
properly. After that, you can try to ping the sites and see what response
you get.

Best would be to contact Telusmobility support.... maybe they have changed
something in the network or in your account.

--
Helio Diamant
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

"Ross Durston" <rob_raster@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> It used to connect, but now says The page you are looking for cannot be
> found.
> Tried a bunch, like google, yahoo, a few others I view regularly.
> Its on Telusmobility.
> It shows I'm connected, just wont access any pages.
> Any Ideas what is going on?

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:22:30 AM

Follow Helio's advice and download VxUtil. Use it to ping a known host
(www.wired.com for example). If it works then you can probably try
recreating a couple of configuration files on your Pocket PC - these have
funny names and sometimes are deleted by mistake.

On your Pocket PC open File Explorer and browse to \Windows
Find welcome.exe and tap on it to execute
Follow the instructions
Soft reset the device and try again

Also, make sure your account is enabled to use data services - contact the
operator for this.

Good luck

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Pocket PC and Smartphone software: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Pocket PC software directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
Bluetooth Guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449

"Helio Diamant - MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:eDzSx5JoFHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The best way to find out is to install VXUtil Personal from
> http://www.cam.com and check. You can check what is the IP address you are
> receiving from the network: maybe for some reason you are not connecting
> properly. After that, you can try to ping the sites and see what response
> you get.
>
> Best would be to contact Telusmobility support.... maybe they have changed
> something in the network or in your account.
>
> --
> Helio Diamant
> MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> www.pocketpcfreak.com
>
> "Ross Durston" <rob_raster@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> It used to connect, but now says The page you are looking for cannot be
>> found.
>> Tried a bunch, like google, yahoo, a few others I view regularly.
>> Its on Telusmobility.
>> It shows I'm connected, just wont access any pages.
>> Any Ideas what is going on?

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:22:31 AM

Ok, tried a soft reset, that worked. Still wonder why it did that.

!