Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbank

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Hi all,

I'm brand new to Vista, and I have two silly questions.

The first one - I get a "windows experience" of 5.9 across the board, and have home premium, so Vista enabled all of Aero's nice visual features. But, I noticed that my menus are still just opaque/white, not transluscent at all like the windows themselves. Is that just how Aero was designed, or am I missing something? I expected the menus to have the same transparency features.

Second one - what does it mean when Vista slaps a windows/shield symbol on a shortcut's icon? And can you get rid of it? For some reason, just one of the three games I installed last night got the shield slapped on its icon.

Thanks!

Solution
1. The menus do indeed look that way... even when Aero is running.

2. That shield means the program must have administrative priviledges to run... it's part of Vista's UAC. You can turn UAC off if it bothers you a lot... but I'm used to it now, so it really doesn't bother me when it asks permission for a program to run.
1. The menus do indeed look that way... even when Aero is running.

2. That shield means the program must have administrative priviledges to run... it's part of Vista's UAC. You can turn UAC off if it bothers you a lot... but I'm used to it now, so it really doesn't bother me when it asks permission for a program to run.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS