Intel releasing 45nm native quadcore CPU along with Phenom

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
Check it out:

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20070516PD210.html

This should have been expected. Looks like Intel isn't laying off AMD one bit. Computex 2007 is going to be quite exciting!

I checked the link and I don't see where it claims that Intel will be "releasing" 45nm CPUs at the same time as Barcelona. It is probably just another demonstration like at IDF, but I wouldn't put it past Intel to be able to pull off an early release.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Check it out:

This should have been expected. Looks like Intel isn't laying off AMD one bit. Computex 2007 is going to be quite exciting!

But Phenom is the desktop while Barcelona Opteron is the server part being released. Intel also is releasng SERVER parts not desktop. They already know that 8 K8 cores is faster than 8 C2D cores. Check out TPC-H.
8 K10 cores should make even HPs flagship 4P look like a P4.

korbin44

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
Give me a break, Baron. How about you post some links to prove your ramblings. It's very easy to say something without showing any proof. Maybe you would get a little more respect around here if you were more like Jack and not like you.

korbin44

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2006
well, if you scroll down to related articles on the page with the link provided, you'll find this: Intel ups launch of Harpertown to end-year (Mar 15)

I don't subscribe to Digitimes, so I can't link it, but it clearly states that Intel is uping the launch to end of year. Here is a link that says Harpertown will be released 2nd half of 2007:

http://www.eetimes.com/rss/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199204206&cid=RSSfeed_eetimes_newsRSS

On tap for release in the second half of 2007 are two new quads based on Intel's latest 45-nm chip technology: Yorkfield for desktops and Harpertown for servers.

G

yeah man. ALL The AMD GUYS are in dreamworld these days. AMD WILL BEAT the crap out of intel bla bla bla. show the proof if it's going to like intel did with C2D. they kept hiding R600 till release date. and made a big hype about it. but in the end we all know what happened. i know the newer excuse now drivers are not mature. first it was R600 is not out yet. excuses excuses. NOW ATI boys are saying wait for 2950. do you think Nvidia was sitting around for last 6 months. simple if your product is good you don't have to make a big hype about it people just buy it. like 8800 GTS 320 are selling like hot cakes.

CyberWeasel4096

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
the only thing that really matters is that AMD lives forever........so that intel can keep up the good work. same thing with ATI to Nvidia since AMD/ATI will never kill intel or nvidia.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
Check it out:

But Phenom is the desktop while Barcelona Opteron is the server part being released. Intel also is releasng SERVER parts not desktop. They already know that 8 K8 cores is faster than 8 C2D cores. Check out TPC-H.
8 K10 cores should make even HPs flagship 4P look like a P4.

Did you ever think maybe just maybe - amd blows a lot of smoke "puff puff" and intel lays off the wicked herbs? no smoke or mirrors from intel just better parts while amd blows more and more smoke each month.

speaking of smoke looks like the amti 2900 is going to blow some smoke! hot hot hot - not like paris hilton hot either!

Well if AMD would focus on making a product instead of bashing Intel, life would get better for them.

baron von smoke you should cue off vern da dude! hes right on once again

SHUT UP AMD - SHOW ME THE QUAD CORE!

the only thing that really matters is that AMD lives forever........so that intel can keep up the good work. same thing with ATI to Nvidia since AMD/ATI will never kill intel or nvidia.

cyberwise is very observant! Very wise indeed mr cyber dude!

samael

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
I wonder why is it so hard for some people to present the hard facts and not alter them in any way …

I mean … why not posting this thread with the title “Barcelona and Harpertown to be demoed or shown or presented or benchmarked etc… at Computex”??? Witch is the point in misleading people with fake claims …

This just comes to show how little respect you have for the people that actually read these forums …