Status
Not open for further replies.

tacohead

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Just installed vista 64bit home and have a couple questions.
How do I turn the annoying "do you want to load this and that" double checking crap off?

How does the "performance info and tools" thing rate itself? I have 4gb ram and e8400 and they only scored 5.9 and 5.7

Are the nvida vista drivers or vista itself a bit unstable atm? I seem to have more fps lag although everything except my card was upgraded. I have service pack1 and the latest nvida vista drivers installed but getting worse performance than my old machine.

edit: disregard my 2nd question found through help features "The scale of the Windows Experience Index ranges from 1.0 to 5.9." I thought it was out of 10 :p

Solution
"The scale of the Windows Experience Index ranges from 1.0 to 5.9." I thought it was out of 10

And it won't even give out any 6's. So you did pretty well there.

Google 'turn off UAC vista' for directions on how to turn it off and how to turn off the nag that tells you you turned it off.

Nvidia drivers do seem to be a little unstable on some systems still. Although on recent benchmarks Vista has equaled or surpassed XP on newer, demanding games. Hard to say, your symptoms are rather vague.
"The scale of the Windows Experience Index ranges from 1.0 to 5.9." I thought it was out of 10

And it won't even give out any 6's. So you did pretty well there.

Google 'turn off UAC vista' for directions on how to turn it off and how to turn off the nag that tells you you turned it off.

Nvidia drivers do seem to be a little unstable on some systems still. Although on recent benchmarks Vista has equaled or surpassed XP on newer, demanding games. Hard to say, your symptoms are rather vague.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.