HELP WITH QUAKE 2 COOP

Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
what im doing wrong? Thanks
14 answers Last reply
More about help quake coop

    "LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
    > coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
    > create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
    > doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
    > what im doing wrong? Thanks

    try +set coop 1

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    "LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
    > coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
    > create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
    > doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
    > what im doing wrong? Thanks

    Hi LaZ,
    Here's a link to some good server setup info:
    http://www.3dgw.com/guides/q2server/

    Let us know if you have any other questions.

    G.

    Thanks for the response guys. I went to that link you provided George but
    im a still a little confused. I saw the server.cfg file for a ctf map and
    have a better understanding. I know the "set coop 1" function is
    important and the dmflags doesnt matter in coop. Are there any other cmds
    i neeed to address?

    George: i noticed you had a coop server running, is there a way i can see
    your server.cfg file. Thanks in advance.

    "LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
    > coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
    > create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
    > doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
    > what im doing wrong? Thanks

    The calm before the storm....

    Also, what is the command for setting the skill lvl of the coop game. I
    tried "set skill" and "set difficulty" and they both dont seem to work
    correctly. At first it would not change from anything but medium and then
    after doing "set skill "hard+"" it changed to easy. Go figure :p.

    Okay i think i got it up and running with some trial and error. If anyone
    has the time, please try to connect and see if you can join. So far ive
    tested this on my LAN and it works. I want to see if people can get into
    the game from the outside. Thanks in advance. If you can't get in leave
    a post here, and ill try to see whats up with my network.

    IP: 24.126.128.124:27910

    ya it worked ping seemed great too.sorry about the friendly fire been
    soooooo long since i played q2 coop.

    oh ya i joined with the quake2 evolved exe.

    > Thanks for the response guys. I went to that link you provided George but
    > im a still a little confused. I saw the server.cfg file for a ctf map and
    > have a better understanding. I know the "set coop 1" function is
    > important and the dmflags doesnt matter in coop. Are there any other cmds
    > i neeed to address?
    >
    > George: i noticed you had a coop server running, is there a way i can see
    > your server.cfg file. Thanks in advance.

    Here's what I use for a dedicated q2 server:

    Shortcut:

    C:\Games\Quake2\quake2.exe +set dedicated 1 +exec servercoop.cfg

    servercoop.cfg contains:

    set hostname "AGQ2 CO-OP"
    set coop 1
    set skill 2
    set maxclients 12
    //set logfile 3
    set rcon_password yourpassword
    set public 1
    setmaster q2master.planetquake.com
    setmaster gameaholic.com
    setmaster telefragged.com
    setmaster master0.gamespy.com
    map base1

    NOTE: // are commented lines (not executed). logfile generates a log file
    of server events (qconsole.log). Maxclients for coop games are limited to 4
    when using the original quake2. Take out public and setmaster commands if
    you don't want a public server. I'm sure some of the setmaster addresses
    are out of date.

    G.

    thx for coming by, np on the tk hehe.

    thx thats why we used to use the crackhor skins.the male grunt looks too
    much like the enemy lol.

    Thanks for help george. I had one other question. When i set the number
    of clients, it never seems to allow me to go above 4. Strange.

    > Thanks for help george. I had one other question. When i set the number
    > of clients, it never seems to allow me to go above 4. Strange.

    Limited to 4 in co-op. Most of the time, more than 4 would be too many.

    G.
  14. Quote:

    "LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
    > coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
    > create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
    > doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
    > what im doing wrong? Thanks

    The calm before the storm....

    I need help, doing a coop and I am using this code

    set hostname "AGQ2 CO-OP"
    set coop 1
    set skill 2
    set maxclients 12
    //set logfile 3
    set rcon_password yourpassword
    set public 1
    setmaster q2master.planetquake.com
    setmaster gameaholic.com
    setmaster telefragged.com
    setmaster master0.gamespy.com
    map base1

    and this bat script

    quake2 +exec server.cfg

    Doing anything wrong????

Games Command Prompt Servers Video Games