HELP WITH QUAKE 2 COOP

Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
what im doing wrong? Thanks

"LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
> coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
> create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
> doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
> what im doing wrong? Thanks

try +set coop 1

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

"LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
> coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
> create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
> doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
> what im doing wrong? Thanks

Hi LaZ,
Here's a link to some good server setup info:
http://www.3dgw.com/guides/q2server/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

G.

Thanks for the response guys. I went to that link you provided George but
im a still a little confused. I saw the server.cfg file for a ctf map and
have a better understanding. I know the "set coop 1" function is
important and the dmflags doesnt matter in coop. Are there any other cmds
i neeed to address?

George: i noticed you had a coop server running, is there a way i can see
your server.cfg file. Thanks in advance.

"LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
> coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
> create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
> doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
> what im doing wrong? Thanks

The calm before the storm....

Also, what is the command for setting the skill lvl of the coop game. I
tried "set skill" and "set difficulty" and they both dont seem to work
correctly. At first it would not change from anything but medium and then
after doing "set skill "hard+"" it changed to easy. Go figure :p.

Okay i think i got it up and running with some trial and error. If anyone
has the time, please try to connect and see if you can join. So far ive
tested this on my LAN and it works. I want to see if people can get into
the game from the outside. Thanks in advance. If you can't get in leave
a post here, and ill try to see whats up with my network.

IP: 24.126.128.124:27910

ya it worked ping seemed great too.sorry about the friendly fire been
soooooo long since i played q2 coop.

> Thanks for the response guys. I went to that link you provided George but
> im a still a little confused. I saw the server.cfg file for a ctf map and
> have a better understanding. I know the "set coop 1" function is
> important and the dmflags doesnt matter in coop. Are there any other cmds
> i neeed to address?
>
> George: i noticed you had a coop server running, is there a way i can see
> your server.cfg file. Thanks in advance.

Here's what I use for a dedicated q2 server:

Shortcut:

C:\Games\Quake2\quake2.exe +set dedicated 1 +exec servercoop.cfg

servercoop.cfg contains:

set hostname "AGQ2 CO-OP"
set coop 1
set skill 2
set maxclients 12
//set logfile 3
set rcon_password yourpassword
set public 1
setmaster q2master.planetquake.com
setmaster gameaholic.com
setmaster telefragged.com
setmaster master0.gamespy.com
map base1

NOTE: // are commented lines (not executed). logfile generates a log file
of server events (qconsole.log). Maxclients for coop games are limited to 4
when using the original quake2. Take out public and setmaster commands if
you don't want a public server. I'm sure some of the setmaster addresses
are out of date.

G.

thx thats why we used to use the crackhor skins.the male grunt looks too
much like the enemy lol.

Thanks for help george. I had one other question. When i set the number
of clients, it never seems to allow me to go above 4. Strange.

> Thanks for help george. I had one other question. When i set the number
> of clients, it never seems to allow me to go above 4. Strange.

Limited to 4 in co-op. Most of the time, more than 4 would be too many.

G.

"LaZal2uS" <prnzchrm26@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, im new here and was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting up a
> coop q2 server. So far i seem to be doing something wrong and can only
> create deathmatch games. When i use the "set coop 1" command it either
> doesnt change to coop or it says it will change next game. Anyone know
> what im doing wrong? Thanks

The calm before the storm....

I need help, doing a coop and I am using this code

set hostname "AGQ2 CO-OP"
set coop 1
set skill 2
set maxclients 12