LCD Flat Panel vs LCD Rear Projection

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 28, 2004 5:56:45 AM

I have never seen this addressed here before. How does the picture quality
of an LCD Flat Panel compare to an LCD Rear Projection?
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 8:18:30 AM

Normally better due to the direct picture production rather than expanding a
picture via optics, mirrors, and plastic screens. The direct view LCD items
have a much smaller picture size tho. Much like the old debate over Direct
View and CRT Based RPTV.
"J&D Schnoor" <jimdianes@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I have never seen this addressed here before. How does the picture quality
>of an LCD Flat Panel compare to an LCD Rear Projection?

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 8:48:49 AM

"J&D Schnoor" <jimdianes@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> I have never seen this addressed here before. How does the picture
quality
> of an LCD Flat Panel compare to an LCD Rear Projection?

Depends on the #of pixels, contrast ratio, and other factors. As a rule of
thumb I'd say that a LCD panel is better. They cost allot more! Cost more
to service in some cases (if you have a bad panel).
!