Partitioning problems after Ubuntu Install

I had been running Windows on my laptop, and decided to install Ubuntu. From Windows, I created an 80 gb partition on which I would install Linux. Now during the installation, I had some problems simply installing onto this partition, but after playing around with it, I was able to get Ubuntu written to the disk. Afterwards, I tried booting back into Windows, and I get its boot screen for a bit, but then the boot up dies on me and I can't get into it. My laptop had a recovery partition, but I can't seem to access it. I'm fairly certain the disk wasn't formatted, because within the file system in linux I see windows folders and whatnot, but they don't seem to be partitions anymore. I don't know what I can do to just get windows back.

I had a recovery disk, but when I try to use that I end up getting an error code 0xe0ef0009 (relevant to Windows) and I can't recover via that.
answers
Last reply
More about partitioning problems ubuntu install
  1. You say you had problems installing, what were they?
    Also what installer did you use?, if it was the Windows installer (Wubi) you'll find a number of threads here telling people not to use it!
  2. I solved it. I had to load the hdd on another computer and use Acronis to format the drive, since windows couldn't even recognize it. Then I used a windows installation disk to reinstall it and entered in my key. I couldn't do a recovery, but at least I got my OS back.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Ubuntu