hedoland

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
I need some good answers from people that know what they are doing, no need for "i think "
I have a intel E6750 processor on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, 1 Gb Ram somethin with a good latency, a platinum editiion or something like that, 160 Gb hdd WD and the others i thing are not important!
I wand to instal an OS from MS Can someone analyze my parts and tell me what OS would do the best job? I use autocad, photoshop cs3 and that kind of aplicatons!
Thank u!

Jaevric

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Personally I'd get Windows XP. I love Vista but I feel that it does much better on higher-end systems; your CPU is fine but I'd definitely want more RAM on a Vista system.

hedoland

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
thank's... i just instaled vista 64 bit ultimate but i have the filling that is to much for what less i need .. i'm more like lite os for best performance!
it's a bit slow... so let see what do u pr others recomand ... that i invest in some ram ad stick to this vista ultimate 64 bit ver... or if i get back to Xp what shoulde i use 2 bit version or 64 bit version... think at aplications to and give me youre final verdict!? i have no problem getting any of the versions ;) just that i want to have the best for my sistem! so plsss help!

RAM is CHEAP. http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=17&name=Memory In case you have not checked recently.

If you must stick with 1 gig then probably stay with XP. But I would certainly get more RAM and go with Vista. Vista is great on good equipment. Every bit the performance equal of XP. The latest benchmarks show the two oS are a virtual tie and Vista will only improve with each new driver release. 64 is a very popular choice now. Vista is the future (windows 7 will just be Vista SE) and it has DX 10 which, hopefully, will come into play more in the next few years.

I'd get at least 4 gig RAM if you go 64.