Q2 Evolution & WinXP Memory address error

Hey Quakers. (how come I get image of you all with big black hats and
wooden computers?)

I took a look at the Evolution Mod that everyone is raving about. Looks
GREAT on website! Prob is, I can't get the darn thing to run! d-loaded
the 0.26 vers from fileplanet (twice!). I put everything in the right
place, sure of that.
When I click on the q2e.exe though.. I get a memory addressing error.
something about read didn't work and one address pointing to another.
I'm running WinXP Pro, pentium3 1GHz, 512MB RAM, GForce 4 MX440
everything way over spec I think.
Anyone have an idea? I tried searching the forums for answers. Hard to
search for 'xp' though, too short. Havn't found anything yet, so
thought I'd ask you good people.

Thanks for any help. -DreadDave

"DreadDave" <dreaddave@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey Quakers. (how come I get image of you all with big black hats and
> wooden computers?)
>
> I took a look at the Evolution Mod that everyone is raving about. Looks
> GREAT on website! Prob is, I can't get the darn thing to run! d-loaded
> the 0.26 vers from fileplanet (twice!). I put everything in the right
> place, sure of that.
> When I click on the q2e.exe though.. I get a memory addressing error.
> something about read didn't work and one address pointing to another.
> I'm running WinXP Pro, pentium3 1GHz, 512MB RAM, GForce 4 MX440
> everything way over spec I think.
> Anyone have an idea? I tried searching the forums for answers. Hard to
> search for 'xp' though, too short. Havn't found anything yet, so
> thought I'd ask you good people.
>
> Thanks for any help. -DreadDave

Hi DD,
I ran a qe2 (v.26c 04/26/2004) dedicated server for 6 hours last Friday
with no problems, other than an unrelated broadband issue (since fixed).
I'm running XP Home. Do you have the latest version of q2e?

G.

"DreadDave" <dreaddave@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey Quakers. (how come I get image of you all with big black hats and
> wooden computers?)
>
> I took a look at the Evolution Mod that everyone is raving about. Looks
> GREAT on website! Prob is, I can't get the darn thing to run! d-loaded
> the 0.26 vers from fileplanet (twice!). I put everything in the right
> place, sure of that.
> When I click on the q2e.exe though.. I get a memory addressing error.
> something about read didn't work and one address pointing to another.
> I'm running WinXP Pro, pentium3 1GHz, 512MB RAM, GForce 4 MX440
> everything way over spec I think.
> Anyone have an idea? I tried searching the forums for answers. Hard to
> search for 'xp' though, too short. Havn't found anything yet, so
> thought I'd ask you good people.
>
> Thanks for any help. -DreadDave

I looked at your posting on the q2e forum. As you say it looks like a video
problem. I'm running a GeForce 2 card and don't get the problem.

G.

George M. Reagan wrote:
> "DreadDave" <dreaddave@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hey Quakers. (how come I get image of you all with big black hats and
>>wooden computers?)
>>
>>I took a look at the Evolution Mod that everyone is raving about. Looks
>>GREAT on website! Prob is, I can't get the darn thing to run! d-loaded
>>the 0.26 vers from fileplanet (twice!). I put everything in the right
>>place, sure of that.
>>When I click on the q2e.exe though.. I get a memory addressing error.
>>something about read didn't work and one address pointing to another.
>>I'm running WinXP Pro, pentium3 1GHz, 512MB RAM, GForce 4 MX440
>>everything way over spec I think.
>>Anyone have an idea? I tried searching the forums for answers. Hard to
>>search for 'xp' though, too short. Havn't found anything yet, so
>>thought I'd ask you good people.
>>
>>Thanks for any help. -DreadDave
>

> I looked at your posting on the q2e forum. As you say it looks like a video
> problem. I'm running a GeForce 2 card and don't get the problem.
>
> G.

Well, turns out it wasn't ANY kind of problem, except that FilePlanet
had files from way back in January! ha ha. Next time I check the dates
on all downloads from there!
I got the current vers now and WOW what a great mod!!! Its perty.

Thanks for the responces you two.
-DreadDave