Sign in with
Your question

INSTALLING MANDRIVA 2010 IN DELL FATAL ERROR

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
Anonymous
January 2, 2011 2:23:05 PM

CANNOT GET LINUX MANDRIVA 2010 586 32 BIT INSTALL ON MY DELL DELL INSPIRON 1100

FATAL ERROR WHEN FIRST STARTS TO BOOT AND THEN WHEN LOADING INTO MEMORY STOPS AND SAYS FATAL ERROR FINISHING INSTALLATION

USED THIS COPY ON ANOTHER LAPTOP AND WORKED FINE

ANY IDEAS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

ALSO ON MY OTHER COMPUTER HAS MANDRIVA 2010 LOADED FINE BUT CANNOT GET THE INTERNET TO CONNECT .....WIRED OR WIRELESS

INTERNET WORKS ON MY OTHER COMPUTERS FINE

ANY IDEAS

PLEASE HELP
January 2, 2011 5:03:23 PM

The install disk should have a memory test option on the menu, try running it for 12-24hours; if the disk doesn't have the option, down-load and run memtest86.

Also lose the caps lock, it's hard to read, is considered shouting, it also gives the reader the impression of someone who can't type without moving His/Her lips.
m
l
Anonymous
January 2, 2011 5:45:52 PM

MrLinux said:
The install disk should have a memory test option on the menu, try running it for 12-24hours; if the disk doesn't have the option, down-load and run memtest86.

Also lose the caps lock, it's hard to read, is considered shouting, it also gives the reader the impression of someone who can't type without moving His/Her lips.

Hello, thank you for the reply . I am running the 86 test now and will see what happens .......

do you know why i may not connect to the internet on my laptop wired or wireless os mandriva 2010. tried several options but think i must need some driver maybe? says it is connected but will not get on internet and the network works fine

m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2011 5:53:39 PM

Quote:
do you know why i may not connect to the internet on my laptop wired or wireless os mandriva 2010. tried several options but think i must need some driver maybe? says it is connected but will not get on internet and the network works fine

Wireless support in Linux isn't always the greatest. What model is your laptop? Knowing which wireless chipset it's running will help us find you a solution.
m
l
Anonymous
January 2, 2011 10:56:11 PM

broadcom 802.11 b/g w lan
m
l
January 3, 2011 7:19:57 AM

For Broadcom chips you generally need to install one of the firmware cutter packages, the package will depend on which generation of chip set you have, if you open a terminal and enter "lspci -v" (without the quotes) it should list out all the hardware and identify which Broadcom chip you have.
m
l
!