Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertlax

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
I have started to notice that over the last couple of months, my laptop, an HP DV600t, seems to lose the resolution settings after it comes out of sleep mode. It is normally at a setting of 1280X800 and then it changes to 800X600 (or something close to that) after sleep mode. It then seems to remember the 1280X800 settings after flickering and such for a second or two, and goes back to the correct settings.

While this isn't a huge issue it is annoying since it moves all of my icons around, I assume adjusting them to the 800X600 setting, and then doesn't move them back for the high resolution.

I've looked around a little bit, but I don't seem to have found much. There have been a few claims that this is a Vista issue, though no real evidence (just someone on a random forum claiming it's vista).

In addition I haven't been able to find anything that people are saying works, or something that I will need to adjust. One site recommending switching to classic icons or something like that, but it seems like I should be able to find out a way to fix it, or test out what is wrong, without having to compromise settings/functions of the laptop.

Thanks for any help

Solution
Quite honestly, it sounds like a video driver issue.. That's the first place I would look. What do you have installed on your machine?? Check that maker for updates and see does that solve the issue.
Status
Not open for further replies.