GRUB + Comodo Time Machine on XP ....?

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I am trying to insatll Ubuntu with XP, however there is a small doubt which I have and I think this is the reason I am not able to.

I hv COMODO time macine installed and so when my PC boots, soon after the Motherboard BIOS logo, I see the COMODO time machine screen which asks me to enter some input (if I want to) or automaticaly goes towards Bootloader of XP after 4 sec.

Now my question is how will GRUB handle this, as when it scans it sees Windows as an already installed OS and makes a note if it in its own bootloader. However COMODO does not know that UBUNTU has been installed and still it keeps on pointing towards XP , and so I never get to make any choice if I want to go into XP or Ubuntu.

I think this is how it happens..

Switch On PC.....BIOS Loading.....COMODO Kicks in..........points to WIN XP Loader.....................XP Loading........... /////////////////////////////

Now when I installed Ubuntu... this is what I think happened as I did not see any choice between XP and Ubuntu..

Switch On PC.....BIOS Loading.....COMODO Kicks in.........Still points to WIN XP Loader.....................XP Loading........... /////////////////////////////

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

whlie installing Ubunut, it asked me where to put the bootloader, and I selected the Sata HDD which was displayed as SDB. There were other options also in the menu one was written like "XP Windows NT Loader" which I think was BOOTLOADER of XP, so I selected a different location than that.

Not sure if it went to MBR or somewhere else. I was hoping that by default it should go to MBR.