Fujitsu stylistic LT p-600

rmx77

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
i recently got a fujitsu stylistic LT p-600. what i find out is that it was a tablet pc that was designed to not use an optical drive. when i got the unit it was missing a hard drive. i had to install an os to a hard drive from another computer to try to make this thing work. when i put the hd in i installed 2000 on the unit just sits there with a blinking line. how would i go about reinstalling the os to this divice. i havent found any info of how people reinstalled the os or anything all they are talking bout is the drivers after the innital os install. the only things i got for the unit were the tablet, dock and keyboard no other extras not even the external floppy drive. if anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated

rmx77

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
i had looked at that but the easier way i think it could be done but am not sure of is to have the floppy drive and have the windows 2000 setup floppies and boot from them and then use a usb cd rom to install the os from if it would work that way. see i am one that doesnt like to have to go through a ton of steps or wants to have to do any dos command anything. also i have installed 2000 on one computer and taken the hd to another computer and it worked fine. 2000 was the last os that was to have the hardware switch out where as xp stopped that.

Well, it's your choice. The floppies and CD route would certainly work if you are happy with the additional cost.

Having spent 25-odd years supporting PCs in a large multinational, I can tell you that you are wrong about 2000. If the disk controllers are different (and I suspect they are between your tablet and a PC) then - as you have discovered - an install on the PC will not boot on the tablet. The tablet can't find the disk because the drivers for its controller are missing.

rmx77

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
i would love going that way since i did that once with an older panasonic toughbook that had a floppy drive only. all i did was i made the windows 2000 floppy disks and i hooked up a usb cd rom and used the floppy disks to dump the setup files to the hd and then boot from the usb. the only thing i got to find is the floppy drive which its not a standard usb port cause the dock has a propriatary floppy drive connector. so i would need one that looks like its from an old pentium or pentium 2 lifebook or something. i really would love to be able to use the old tablet pc though