LAN PROBLEM

I have been using wirless network. I have now attempted to connect to a
cable broadband. I keep getting error message that it cannot find server.
I went to properties of Microsoft Internet Explorer and selected
Connections. Then to LAN settings, there is a check mark by Use Automatic
configuration script and it has the following address
http://localhost:9100/proxy.pac
I attempted to uncheck and remove this address and it continually comes
back. This is why I cannot connect to my server on the cable broadband.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hank Laskin

Hi Hank,

Have you tried deleting the existing connection and creating a new one?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone