Vista64 Ultimate - Problem deleting registry keys

BioHazard2000

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I am having a wickedly ridiculous problem.

I have tried installing a couple different virtual drive programs, namely Daemon tools and Alcohol120. I keep getting error the same internal error on both during install. I have chatted with the support people from each program and they have told me to delete a couple registry keys, easy enough right? Wrong, I have done everything from take ownership of said keys to made myself the only one that can do anything to them and for the most part I can get rid of them. All except for one key that wont let me access it at all, the error I get is "Cfg cannot be opened. An error is preventing this key from being opened. Details: access denied." I have tried deleting this key in safe mode, and everything with no luck.

Does anyone have any advice?

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
I don't have one myself yet. I havent uninstalled anything yet. I would google "Vista 64 registry cleaner". I know they are many on the market. DON'T GET SYSTEM MECHANIC THOUGH!! I heard it fouls up the system and they might be getting suied.
When you get that problem usally a program did not uninstall correctly. You could try system restore to fix it but that may not work ether.