(another) Vista Dual- core problem

intercepter

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
Hey there, :)

Well, as the title suggests, i have a dual-core laptop, which i bought about a month ago, with vista home, and it doesn't seem to be registering that i have two cores.

Ive read elsewhere that i need to enable multithreading, or update my BIOS, amongst a million and one other things. I really don't know what to do.

I have not messed with the computers ''insides'' (so-to-speak), ive not upgraded or messed with the CPU's, its exactly how ive bought it (which makes me angry because ive paid for something that's effectively not working properly)

im not sure (being a computer newb) how to find out what my BIOS version is or what its called, nor my CPU details .(sorry)

If you need some info about stuff (and can tell me how to get it :p) then obviously ill be happy to oblige :)

Thanks in advance
- luke

P.S please don't use abbreviations, it will just confuse me more :p :)

Computer => Properties => System Check to see is your processor properly identified. If not, you will definitely need to contact the maker of your lappy - Likely will need a Bios update.

If it is properly identified, you should be able to type msconfig in the search bar (start - search). check the general tab. Tip for peeps who may have slow startup - You can also specify how many cores to use in the boot tab....

TRENDING THREADS