Cannot install software on windows 2000

temartin66

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hello, when I try to install software on my windows 2000 I get a message saying cannot find specified file path. Also I get messages saying cannot find a certain dll. and the software cannot be installed.

temartin66

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

I can not install security software, basically anything downloaded. It will download but when I start to extract the file it will show a message saying specified file path not found. As for the dll messages they differ each time, shell dll not found..ect. I will make another attempt and copy and paste the messages for you.

Specifics means just that.

What specifically (titles, not just "security software") are you trying to install?

As said above, it's entirely possible that you're trying to install something not Windows 2000 compliant, but without titles and specific error messages we're only guessing.

temartin66

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012

OK, one more time. No software will install, yes it is for 2000, tiny personal firewall for instance, AVG, CC cleaner, nothing. Says specified file path not found or kernel32dll not found, but it may be different depending on what I'm trying to install. I can install from a disk but that's all. My guess is the registry is scrambled and some files are missing. Thanks anyway.