Drop down menus won't stay open...Help!

phxflyboy

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
I've searched everywhere I can but maybe I'm searching the wrong name but here is the problem. When in certain programs, particularly Photoshop but there are others, when I click on the Open selection then try and use a drop down menu to navigate to the correct location of the file I'm looking for, the menu just flashes then goes away.

Any help/suggestions?

phxflyboy

phxflyboy

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
That's so obvious I didn't think of it. I'll give it a try. I've used the same mouse on 2 different computers without issue but that could be it. Thanks!

phxflyboy

en89vo

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I'm having the same problem...using the pad on my laptop itself doesn't cause it, but when I use my cordless...it does. This just started last night, it didn't used to do this. Is there a fix other than just not using it?

mighty_mouse007

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
I thought I would drop a line to share my experiences with this problem. I was also having the same problem. On certain programs the drop down menus would open briefly and then disappear. It was a very frustrating little glitch. Anyways, I searched through many forums and didn't really find any solutions. I have an optical mouse. I did solve it though, here is what I did. I am running XP by the way. I went to control panel, then system, clicked the "Hardware" tab, and then clicked on "Device Manager". I went down and clicked on "Mouse and other pointing Devices". What I found when this tab was expanded was that I had two "Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mice" installed. I right clicked on the lower one and went to "Properties" then to the "Driver" tab and then to "Uninstall" at the bottom. After it was uninstalled everything worked fine. Hope this helps someone!

ERIC_666

Honorable
May 4, 2012
UNPLUG MOUSE FROM COMPUTER WHILE COMPUTER IS ON AND RUNNING. WAIT FOR BELL TONE AND PLUG BACK IN. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THIS WORKS, BUT I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS. WHEN POINTER FREEZES DO THE SAME THING. RUNNING XP SERVICE PACK 3 IE8. MOUSE AND KEY BOARD LENOVO, COMPUTER IS HP MEDIACENTER.