Samsung TXN2668WHF service mode

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b Ô Samsung
December 28, 2004 11:41:36 AM

I'd like to do some fine alignment (geometricals on HD mode, white balance,
etc) on my Samsung TXN2668WHF. Does anyone know how to enter the service
mode? Thanks
December 28, 2004 11:41:37 AM

Try:
MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power
but write everything down before you start to play. I hope You know
what are you doing.
Good luck.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 28, 2004 11:41:38 AM

Agreed!! However, if you produce a problem as a result and take it to a
service centre, at least tell the technician what you did, and why.
"celo" <sbegovic1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Try:
> MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power
> but write everything down before you start to play. I hope You know
> what are you doing.
> Good luck.

a b Ô Samsung
December 28, 2004 6:51:20 PM

I believe your Samsung must be off before entering service mode. Note
the warnings. You'll also have to reset the clock time(if you care about
the time setting) when you finish. And you'll have a dynamic video
picture rather than standard and cool 2 color tone rather than normal.

Bill

"celo" <sbegovic1@comcast.net> wrote in message
Try:
MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power
but write everything down before you start to play. I hope You know
what are you doing.
Good luck.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 30, 2004 11:56:48 AM

Thanks for the info. I tried, and did get into the service mode. But all the
data in the deflection page can not be changed (solid yellow highlights on
the data), while the other video related pages can be changed (OSD yellow
highlight changes to white after pressing the right arrow key on remote, and
then it's changable). Can you tell me if those deflection data can not be
changed what so ever, or there's other tricks to change them? Thanks again.

Lu

In article <1104228082.072808.174330@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "celo"
<sbegovic1@comcast.net> wrote:
>Try:
>MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power
>but write everything down before you start to play. I hope You know
>what are you doing.
>Good luck.

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
December 31, 2004 9:16:15 AM

At this point it may be a good suggestion for you to actually purchase the
Complete Service Manual from Samsung??
That way you would have all the answers that others have to pay for??
IMHO
"X. Lu" <xlujgu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. I tried, and did get into the service mode. But all
> the
> data in the deflection page can not be changed (solid yellow highlights on
> the data), while the other video related pages can be changed (OSD yellow
> highlight changes to white after pressing the right arrow key on remote,
> and
> then it's changable). Can you tell me if those deflection data can not be
> changed what so ever, or there's other tricks to change them? Thanks
> again.
>
> Lu
>

> In article <1104228082.072808.174330@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "celo"
> <sbegovic1@comcast.net> wrote:
>>Try:
>>MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - Power
>>but write everything down before you start to play. I hope You know
>>what are you doing.
>>Good luck.

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
January 3, 2005 11:06:14 AM

Samsung, like all manufacturers, dose not sell service manual to anyone other
than the repair centers.

One of the main purpose of the Usenet is to shall infomation. People help
each other here. PS, it was "celo" who provided the tip.

In article <t4CdnX7Or6ycqEjcRVn-jw@comcast.com>, "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net>
wrote:

>At this point it may be a good suggestion for you to actually purchase the
>Complete Service Manual from Samsung??
> That way you would have all the answers that others have to pay for??
>IMHO
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
January 3, 2005 3:07:24 PM

> Samsung, like all manufacturers, dose not sell service manual to anyone
other
> than the repair centers.
>
> One of the main purpose of the Usenet is to shall infomation. People help
> each other here. PS, it was "celo" who provided the tip.

Not true for most manufacturers. Some, like Infocus will not sell service
info nor parts, but most of the players in the consumer electronics market,
including Samsung, do sell manuals. They may not be much help to someone
who is not experienced in TV repair and alignment. Service manuals are not
color-by-number guides but have the bare minimum of information needed,
sometimes less. Training manuals, if they exist, may only be available to
ASCs, but many are available just like service manuals.

A Google search is all it takes to find out how to get into most sets
service modes. What to do then is another matter and may require some
general experience or some specific training. A good place to get more
specific service info is sci.electronics.repair.

Leonard
!