Os Install

phillyman36

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
Question im am going to do a clean install of vista home prem on my rig. I have a raptor 150 and two 750 gig drives for storage. My question is since i already have vista home prem on my pc should i reformat my os drive first and then install the os or is it ok to do a clean install and it will delete everything anyway. basically does a clean install delete everything you already have or is it best to reformat first so there are no problems? Thanks for any info

akhilles

Splendid
Clean install means formatting the drive & installing an OS so yeah it will delete your data. Repair install, on the other hand, won't delete your data.

I think you want a repair install, but I think you should boot it up and see if you need a repair install. If the config of the harddisks hasn't changed, Windows will boot up fine. Just the hardware drivers may be different.

phillyman36

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
I dont care if the data is deleted the drive with the os is a mess. I just want to make sure that if i copy over what i have now i wont have any problems in the future because i copied on top rather than deleted first then installed