Vista Home Premium will not print from IE..

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kgtp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Vista Home Premium will not print from IE..will print every application fine. All current updates. I can watch the spooler, file goes in, and then out....regardless if the queue is paused or not. I can also watch the c:\windows\spool folder, and also watch the file go in, and then disappear. Very strange.

Ideas? I have not tested Firefox yet for printing, and might just completely reinstall IE as well to see if that helps....

Solution
Figured it out.

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Security > then un-check "Enable Protected Mode"

Found this on another forum:

If it prints with protected mode off in IE, then it is using folders for temporary storage that are not set to a Low integrity level.

Vista creates the necessary folders for printing by default in the %TEMP% folder, but many third-party disk cleaning tools remove this by mistake.

To Recreate the Needed Low Integrity Folder:

• Browse to the Temp folder of your user account, i.e. C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp
• Create a new folder and name it as Low

• Open a command prompt with elevated privilege and enter this command to set the LOW folder as low integrity folder:
ICACLS...

y2kgtp

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Figured it out.

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Security > then un-check "Enable Protected Mode"

Found this on another forum:

If it prints with protected mode off in IE, then it is using folders for temporary storage that are not set to a Low integrity level.

Vista creates the necessary folders for printing by default in the %TEMP% folder, but many third-party disk cleaning tools remove this by mistake.

To Recreate the Needed Low Integrity Folder:

• Browse to the Temp folder of your user account, i.e. C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp
• Create a new folder and name it as Low

• Open a command prompt with elevated privilege and enter this command to set the LOW folder as low integrity folder:
ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

Messages similar to this will be seen:

processed file: C:\Users\Bill Castner\AppData\Local\Temp\Low
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

You should now be able to reset protected mode for IE and be able to print.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.