Coolermaster Stacker 830

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Hey i have recently been looking into purchasing a Coolermaster Stacker 830. I am needing to know if the Tuniq 120 will fit inside of the Coolermaster Stacker 830 with the side plastic fan holder in. This is one of the features i really do like about the case and I want to make sure I will be able to fit the Tuniq and all 4-120 fans on the side. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dougstark

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
I have a coolermaster stacker. I do not believe the cooler will fit with the fan in place. There is about 14cm space with fan in place. Cheers :)

mboorman

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
I agree mate, I just put a thermalright ultra 120 extreme into a p180b case and it has 3mm clearance from the top of the cooler to the side panel. With the Stacker (which is my case) the case is wider however the motherboard tray takes up some space and the fan carrier does stick in a fair way.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Thank you guys for the responses. Yea a lot of people have said the same thing to me that pics don't do it full justice. I am hoping that i can fit the Tuniq 120 and at least put 3 of the fans on the side of the case.

And yea I am replacing my Silverstone TJ09 for the Stacker 830. The Silverstone is a very nice case but its airflow is not all that great just not enough intake fans in the case. I love all the cases interior room and the looks and such of the case and great design very sturdy. But now that the weather is heating back up and my house does not get that cold (only about 72F) my computer tends to heat up fast and temps rise high when playing games for long period of times. I have tried everything from replacing all the fans with high air flow fans, worked on changing fan flow and everything nothing. Temps still are getting too high for my liking :( . I really hate to get rid of my SS TJ09. But oh well Thank you guys for your responses.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Over the last two weeks i have tried several different fan configurations.

Here are some of the configs i tried

Midsection / Top(Front) / Top(Rear) / Rear
Intake / Exhaust / Exhaust / Exhaust
Intake / Intake / Exhaust / Exhaust
Intake / Intake / Intake / Exhaust
Intake / Exhaust / Exhaust / Intake
Intake / Exhaust / Intake / Intake

These are some of them. The first two are the ones i have found to work the best. I tried a few more but off mind can't remember all of them. I spent around two weeks like i said trying different fan configs out and also switching the fan direction of the Tuniq also. With either of the top two my Coretemp idle is around 40/38 (for stock clock). I know that is good but i would really like a little cooler idle.

Edit: Spelling.