Elkquester

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hi—
Recently I replaced a pirated copy of xp pro with a legitimate one. I did a complete, reformatted fresh installation. While the system was “apart”, I made sure that the bios was the latest as well as all the drivers ect. When all the updates were finally on, things seemed to be working ok. Ok until I noticed that the fsb was only set at 100, when it should be set at 200 for my processor, an AMD athlon xp 3200. Of course the board and the ram worked fine before at stock settings for this speed and I never had any stability problems. Now when I set the fsb at 200, windows will not boot. It goes through the post screen and then just sits on a blank screen. I have it set on 166 now and it works fine, but I just cant get it to work at 200 where it should. Any thoughts? Thanks --Doug

Elkquester

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Thanks for the primer. It looks very interesting. I have tried just about every combination of turbo, optimum, memory timeing etc, all with the same results. When the fsb is put on 200, it doesnt work. I havent manipulated the voltages yet. I'll give that a try. Thanks--