Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia is headed for some serious trouble?!?!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Nvidia
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2007 4:19:08 AM

How could this possibly be true. Well, I feel like I must start another useless post on this horrible forum that I decide to check on once in a while. Seriously though does anyone think that Nvidia will have an answer to ATi's 65nm chips. I seriously think not. There is no way Nvidia could possibly have the resourses to do it on thier own. Well, all of you Nvidia fanboy retards... well I shouldn't clump you together like that. All of you sheep who jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon look out. Nvidia just may go the way of 3dfx and the rest. Whatever though, with all of the useless ATi bashing posts on this site I thought I'd just waist your time. Get bent.

More about : nvidia headed trouble

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 17, 2007 4:58:46 AM

Personally I think that nV will have a 65nm G80 refresh in mid-late summer as their last refresh before the G90.

I think it might arrive shortly after the R650, but I think it'll hold it's own for now as both companies head into the G90-100/R700 showdowns.

What I'd love to know is if the rumoured redesign of the R650 back-end are true, if so that will make it a very interesting battle.

Remember both ATi/AMD and nV use the same fabs (TSMC, UMC, etc) and until AMD actually uses any of their fabs (if ever at this point [as in by te time they do it'll be for fusion, not just graphics]) then they both have the resources to do it, it's just a matter of money and brains. And I think both have enough left for a few more designs.
May 17, 2007 8:50:09 PM

Quote:
How could this possibly be true. Well, I feel like I must start another useless post on this horrible forum that I decide to check on once in a while. Seriously though does anyone think that Nvidia will have an answer to ATi's 65nm chips. I seriously think not. There is no way Nvidia could possibly have the resourses to do it on thier own. Well, all of you Nvidia fanboy retards... well I shouldn't clump you together like that. All of you sheep who jump on the latest and greatest bandwagon look out. Nvidia just may go the way of 3dfx and the rest. Whatever though, with all of the useless ATi bashing posts on this site I thought I'd just waist your time. Get bent.

<- Hi amd fanboy :D 
Related resources
May 17, 2007 9:08:15 PM

I want the second it took me to click on this lame a$$ thread back... :roll:
May 17, 2007 9:10:22 PM

Please, be quiet. More stupid speculation.

Just because a company MIGHT [Not even TRUE as of now] mess up, doesn't mean it WILL mean serious trouble for the company. Do you think nVidia is SITTING right now just LAUGHING at AMD/ATI for not doing anything? I don't think they're that stupid.
May 17, 2007 9:23:45 PM

Quote:

I want my 30 seconds back that it took me to read through the whole thread, think about how I want to respond, and then type this useless reply. :lol: 
May 17, 2007 9:27:03 PM

Quote:
I want my 30 seconds back that it took me to read through the whole thread, think about how I want to respond, and then type this useless reply.

Me too! :( 
I could at least go and piss in this 30 second instead of reading some of ATI FanBoy's dairy! :roll:
May 17, 2007 9:44:31 PM

How can Nvidia be in trouble when ATI's XT card can't beat Nvidia's 90nm 8800 GTX?

If anything ATI are in trouble cause if they can't beat it now, god help them when Nvidia shrink it down to 65nm!
May 17, 2007 9:55:39 PM

What a crock of crap! :roll: Another fan BOY 8)
May 17, 2007 10:09:21 PM

Quote:
I want my 30 seconds back that it took me to read through the whole thread, think about how I want to respond, and then type this useless reply.

Me too! :( 
I could at least go and piss in this 30 second instead of reading some of ATI FanBoy's dairy! :roll:
+1.

:roll:
May 17, 2007 10:17:18 PM

Quote:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

This is what Father Jack of "Father Ted" fame would be like if he worked with PCs.

Derrrink! Arrse! Gurrls! Feck off!
May 17, 2007 10:32:56 PM

I think I'll take the opportunity to raise my post count by 1 as well.
May 17, 2007 10:51:01 PM

Quote:

What I'd love to know is if the rumoured redesign of the R650 back-end are true, if so that will make it a very interesting battle.

That would be very interesting...
May 17, 2007 10:51:16 PM

Well, after wasting time clicking this thread, should I bother to leave a reply....I think not

oops
May 17, 2007 10:52:07 PM

Me three , heck I clicked buy now on the 8800 when the XT jumped another 30bucks befor I got to checkout at the egg. Couldnt beat the 8800gts 320 at circuit city lol. EVGA for 279.99 after rebate.
May 17, 2007 10:58:18 PM

Quote:

rofflemow

Breathe man, just calm down. :lol: 

I think you're getting a bit caught up in your fervent love of your video card.
May 17, 2007 10:59:44 PM

Quote:

And just who the f*ck are you?
May 17, 2007 11:01:15 PM

Ladies (& you know who you are you sexy little minxes) and gentlemen, I have a far more pressing issue to discuss.

My last bowel movement smelled of peanut butter. Well...foul peanut butter if you will. Granted I did have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich earlier today even though according to The Eat Right 4 Your Type guidelines I'm not supposed to eat peanuts or peanut butter (However I do love a good PB&J with some choco milk) I was very surprised with this finding. Consistency was also a bit akin to that of chunky peanut butter (although I used creamy peanut butter on the sandwich). Could it be that there is indeed quite a bit of truth to the Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type Diet?

Discuss.
May 17, 2007 11:04:25 PM

Quote:

Good Question :!:
May 17, 2007 11:43:35 PM

I like the phrase 'get bent', I've not heard it for a long time and it's cool, but aside from that:

Get a life.

Seriously.
May 17, 2007 11:43:49 PM

Quote:

ban this ************
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 17, 2007 11:44:14 PM

Quote:

Reading their Dairy?

What like the list the milk man brought to AMD Fanboi's house;

2 quarts of 1% milk
1 carton half and half
3 wheels of cheese (Parmigiana Regina, Havarti, Emental)
2 tubs cottage cheese
24 yoghurt with biofidius
12 drinkable Yop yoghurt.
4L Ice Cream - 2L Tiger Tail / 2L Gold Medal Ribbon
1 can chocolate whipped cream

:twisted:

HEhe ! :!: !
May 17, 2007 11:51:34 PM

ill increase my post count and speculate a bit as well. I will laugh when Intel decides to use Nvidia as their partner for their CPU/GPU reference, unlike AMD who had to hock the farm to get ATI Intel could help or buy Nvidia outright with no debt service required. put that in your bent pipe and smoke it...and if you dont like it u can smoke my bent pipe......bwhahahahahahahahahahah

Intel/Nvidia own
(for this round anyway)
((probly a few more though too...))
May 17, 2007 11:56:14 PM

Quote:
...and if you dont like it u can smoke my bent pipe

GROSS!
May 18, 2007 1:01:06 AM

+1

WTFAY to say WTFAY

Couldn't help it :tongue:
May 18, 2007 1:55:57 AM

That's hilarious. Nvidia spent ~500m developing G80. The costs associated with shrinking it to 65nm at TSMC would be tiny in comparison.

A 65nm shrink with (possibly) some minor enhancements would be perfect for a refresh of the 8800 series. This before they transition to G90 sometime next year.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2007 2:12:22 AM

Quote:

A 65nm shrink with (possibly) some minor enhancements would be perfect for a refresh of the 8800 series. This before they transition to G90 sometime next year.

I think the G90 transition may still be Xmas time. It may get pushed back depending on how this round and software goes. But I think they were looking at just before Xmas again as they quickly move forward heading into the G10 for mid-late 2008.

Of course now that's all speculation, but if nV is looking to have the G100 against the R700, then the G90 needs to hit the market pretty soon after the 65nm G80 refresh.
May 18, 2007 2:21:45 AM

Can't wait 'till the 65nm refresh. Imagine running SLI on a 400W PSU and getting 100FPS on Oblivion with all settings maxed

:twisted:
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2007 2:35:47 AM

I agree with you there.

But just the 65nm laptop parts will make me all Homer something something....

I was just talking to the local HP rep after dentist visit today and it's looking like no problem geting the ones I want (although not going to get the res I want it seems), just need them to be 'released'. 8)
a c 365 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2007 2:49:15 AM

Quote:
... I feel like I must start another useless post on this horrible forum ...

Why the f**k are you here then?
May 18, 2007 3:20:54 AM

Quote:

Hi,

You have reached this automated recording because a high degree of
{ATI_FANBOYISM} was detected in your post. Please provide credible links with relevant data to back up your obviously misguided statement. If credible, relevant data cannot be provided, you are advised to leave.

A high degree of
{STUPIDITY} was detected in your post. Please provide credible, relevant data to support the ludicrous idea that NVIDIA is in trouble. If credible, reliable data cannot be provided, you are advised to leave.

Until then, have a nice day.
Ninja
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 18, 2007 4:23:07 AM

I'm loving your new form-letter post. Very useful, I may have to borrow it in the future. :trophy: :mrgreen: :trophy:
May 18, 2007 4:36:13 AM

Quote:

<- Hi amd fanboy :D 
Hello! :D 
May 18, 2007 4:38:02 AM

Ninja, that is hillarious. Too bad it came from a complete Nvidia fanboi. I've seen posts by you that equal a wooden log in dumbness.
May 18, 2007 4:39:50 AM

Quote:

I want my 30 seconds back that it took me to read through the whole thread, think about how I want to respond, and then type this useless reply. :lol: 

1, 2, 3, 4.... ...28, 29, 30! There you go.
May 18, 2007 4:40:42 AM

1.. enjoy! :lol: 
May 18, 2007 4:43:00 AM

Quote:

Hi, I'm erocker. I hate Nvidia, and I have reasons. By the use of your language, I just may hate you too. :D 
May 18, 2007 4:45:16 AM

Quote:
ill increase my post count and speculate a bit as well. I will laugh when Intel decides to use Nvidia as their partner for their CPU/GPU reference, unlike AMD who had to hock the farm to get ATI Intel could help or buy Nvidia outright with no debt service required. put that in your bent pipe and smoke it...and if you dont like it u can smoke my bent pipe......bwhahahahahahahahahahah

Intel/Nvidia own
(for this round anyway)
((probly a few more though too...))

You... I like.
May 18, 2007 5:22:14 AM

Quote:

Hi,

You have reached this automated recording because a high degree of
{ATI_FANBOYISM} was detected in your post. Please provide credible links with relevant data to back up your obviously misguided statement. If credible, relevant data cannot be provided, you are advised to leave.

A high degree of
{STUPIDITY} was detected in your post. Please provide credible, relevant data to support the ludicrous idea that NVIDIA is in trouble. If credible, reliable data cannot be provided, you are advised to leave.

Until then, have a nice day.
Ninja

There is something I find oddly familiar about this post...but I can't think of what.
May 18, 2007 5:42:26 AM

Quote:

Hi, I'm erocker. I hate Nvidia, and I have reasons. By the use of your language, I just may hate you too. :D 

Really? Did the nVidia card you got for Christmas die rather than play Barbie Fashion Show?
May 18, 2007 5:50:04 AM

8O Boy I bet you are sorry that you started this thread. Now if you think real hard they (Nvidia) uses some one elses fab so that can just go to one that can match AMD. Isn't AMD cozy with IBM for the same fab technology reasons.
May 18, 2007 7:11:50 AM

245 million profit in the first 1/4 over previous years is a troubled company ok eat some pb&j with poo butter. Keep looking at white paper and read stock reports.
May 18, 2007 9:00:06 AM

The guy is obviously heading towards the loony bin at an alarming rate, but youy gotta hand it to him, he gets the nvidia lovers reved up in their flame-mobiles ;-)
May 18, 2007 9:27:25 AM

G90 this year would be awesome indeed! :)  I was just going by past product transitions. GF6 -> GF7 =14 months GF7 -> GF8 = 16 months.

It makes sense that G90 will be an upgrade of G80, and not be a whole new architecture. If they get it right a launch this year is possible.
May 18, 2007 9:50:48 AM

As Ape said earlier, it would make a lot of sense if they managed to transition to 65nm with a G80 revision first before getting to G90, so they can make sure they are comfortable with the process first.

Whilst they still have a decent lead, I don't think for one minute that Nvidia is basking in it's lead for the past 6 months, and will have been focussed on what they need to do to continue to stay ahead of ATI once they too move to a mture top end 65nm process, giving them the power they seem to need to take advantage of their architecture.
May 18, 2007 9:54:23 AM

Quote:

Sometimes I have to keep my mouth widely open, when reading crap like this. Someone should come to you at night while you'd be sleeping, and put some geforce card next to your head. Imagine the heart attack when you wake up! : )
May 18, 2007 10:32:46 AM

Quote:
Sometimes I have to keep my mouth widely open, when reading crap like this. Someone should come to you at night while you'd be sleeping, and put some geforce card next to your head. Imagine the heart attack when you wake up!

:trophy:
May 18, 2007 10:49:27 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone, so far I am happy with my 2900xt. I usually play Vanguard Saga of Heroes, Battlefield 2142, and I was hoping to Play HL2 ep2 which was supposed to come with the card but for not. :x Anyways, the latest drivers for the card really make Vanguard shine, I get 20 more FPS than my freinds GTX in that game. His crushes me in Battlefield though by like 30 FPS. The card runs hot and unfortuneatly I really don't think much can be done about this since they are 80nm cores. I usually buy new cards when they come out and I offer the company as much feedback as I can. I do have e-mail correspondence set up with ATi, so hopefully when the cooler more power efficient 65nm cores come out they can break me a deal. All in all this card wedges perfectly in between the other top end graphics cards by power and price. Now I just can't wait to try out the new 8900 series and the R650 series when they come out. Right now we are in a time when both companies of graphics cards are extremely powerful and extrememly power hungry, and I would say is a pretty bad time to purchase a card anyway. Just think 4 to 8 months from now we will have cards that are twice as fast but more importantly, for the first time power efficient. A GPU that is top-end and only consumes under 100 watts of power I'm all for it.

Now I know why this **** wrote what he did. Shame I do actually feel for him. He purchased a 2900XT :lol: 

He says he cannot wait to try out the 8900 :D  Hence his hatred for nVidia :roll:

He is definatley living in a world of DENIAL :twisted:
May 18, 2007 10:51:12 AM

Well since ATI and AMD have merge, it's safe to say the ATI will have some help with 65nm chips. But remember Nvidia and Intel did have a meeting on thier own and to some say even exchanged some of thier trade secret and what not. But even if not still Nvidia does have a good prospect on their 65nm on thier own. I think both ATI and Nvidia will showcase it's 65nm cards hopefully before the end of this year.
May 18, 2007 10:53:07 AM

Quote:
Please, be quiet. More stupid speculation.

Just because a company MIGHT [Not even TRUE as of now] mess up, doesn't mean it WILL mean serious trouble for the company. Do you think nVidia is SITTING right now just LAUGHING at AMD/ATI for not doing anything? I don't think they're that stupid.

Agreed!

One more thing, NVidia almost deal "directly" with game providers to use their program and "disable" ATI program.

So, no matter how sophisticated ATI programs are, it still can not match NVidia on the game appearance.

Check this link out:

Game appearance NVidia VS ATI

It's written in Indonesian language but you can look at the pictures comparing NVidia VS ATI.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!