Access denied when trying to copy PQI file to a NAS

I have a problem, very closely related to http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/49757-35-cannot-copy-file-access-denied

The main problem
- I created a PowerQuest image of my 2003 Server (also active directory server) on the D: partition
- I would like to save a copy of the image (PQI file) on the network drive for off-site protection purposes
- When I try to copy and paste, I get "Cannot copy xyz, Access denied"
- I tried to change properties on the individual image files but then I get an error when I right click on the file to view the Properties - > Security
"You do not have the permission to view or edit the settings for file xyz, but you can take ownership or change auditing settings"

BTW - I am logged in as the administrator, but because this is an active directory server, I cannot log onto the local machine but only the domain

any help is much appreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about access denied copy file
  1. you need to go to advanced security setting and change the protection of the copy protected file. Second use the attrib + file name and change the copy protection
  2. STILL NOT

If i go select "Advance" on any of the "security" settings of the files, my options for
    "Permission", "Auditing" and "Effective permissions" are masked out. I cannot change them. Strange thing is that i am added as a "Owner"

Also, the file is not "Read only"
Ask a new question

Read More

Security NAS / RAID Active Directory Servers Windows XP