Sign in with
Your question

Ubuntu Login

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 25, 2011 5:16:29 PM

After logging into ubuntu after it boots up. When I get to the login in screen it apparently took my account from windows 7, but when I try and enter the password, it goes back to the login, and keeps doing the same thing over and over again. A little help please?

More about : ubuntu login

a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2011 5:36:15 PM

It doesn't take the account from Windows. When you installed Ubuntu you created the account. It will have asked you for a password to use. If you have forgotten what you set you may find the easiest course of action is just to install Ubuntu again (and take a note of the password this time).
m
l
February 25, 2011 5:47:20 PM

Ijack said:
It doesn't take the account from Windows. When you installed Ubuntu you created the account. It will have asked you for a password to use. If you have forgotten what you set you may find the easiest course of action is just to install Ubuntu again (and take a note of the password this time).

The problem is never asked for my username or password. Installed it, and then it went to the login screen it never asked me. Is the thing. .... this is utah22
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 25, 2011 6:02:45 PM

I can assure you that when you install Ubuntu it asks you for a name and a password to use. Have a look at point 7 in the "To Install Ubuntu" section of this document.
m
l
February 25, 2011 11:48:30 PM

utah22 said:
The problem is never asked for my username or password. Installed it, and then it went to the login screen it never asked me. Is the thing. .... this is utah22

I've seen this happen with a bad burn. Try reburning the iso at no more than 8X. It his doesn't work, Id say put ubuntu on a dedicated hard drive away from that other OS's bad influence! "Bad company ruins useful habits," after all! ( :lol:  )
m
l
February 28, 2011 6:13:56 PM

did you install via Wubi?

if I remember correctly, I think Wubi takes the current Windows user and creates it in ubuntu. As for the password, if you don't remember typing one in try leaving it blank

anyways, if you still can't get in. assuming this is your first time trying to login, like ijack said reinstalling would be the easiest fix
m
l
!