Status
Not open for further replies.

spritemv

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
I'm building a new computer for gaming and casual use in the next week or two and am deciding what OS to install. I currently have a copy of XP Pro at my disposal or I can get Vista through my school for a meesly $5 so price isn't really an issue.

When Vista was initially released, I saw benchmark comparisons for several games under XP and Vista. Most games had a 10-20% performance decrease under Vista which is why I stuck with XP. Now that the OS has been out for a while longer, how do the two compare performance-wise? Are there any recent benchmarks out comparing this?

I'd really like to give Vista a shot, but not if I'm going to have to take a 10-20% performance hit to do so. Thanks in advance!

spritemv

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Thanks for the info; that's great news! I'm glad to see Vista that with driver updates and SP1, Vista is finally outperforming XP. I'm sure as time goes on, Vista's performance advantage will only increase. As this was the main thing holding me up, I think it's finally time to jump!

Now time for more decisions... stick with Office 2003 or upgrade to 2007 (also only about $5 from my university). Hm... decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.